Redex diesel, is it any good? Will it do any harm?

Nahguam

I was looking for ways to improve my mpg, I know driving style, tyre pressures and fuel have a huge impact but what impact ( if any ) would redex have and would it harm the car, also what else can be done to improve mpg, thanks in advance! :)

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
GK recommends Millers ecomax diesel.

Run a few tank treatments of that through and every tank after than and your engine WILL run better and you will get better MPG. Alright :happy:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
The garage I use recommended the cleaner one when I have a service and about 36k, 4 services and 18 months later it's going well for me :)

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
I have some redex lying about in the garage,bought it a while back but then read its not great for PD engines?
cant find where i read it now though:doh:

i know millers is the brand of choice but as i already have the redex anyone know if its ok to use like the op asked?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Me too, used it after a de-cat and the smoke hasn't gone a year later!

Changed to millers myself

same here Decated too

and the annoying thing asda were seeling off aload of redex , i bought quite a few bottles :cry:

dont thing i want to even put it in my can :shrug: but thats started smoking a bit now after being stood since around september time

car ive switched back to millers too

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
Has anyone proven that Millers actually does anything?

I've been using it for a while but am beginning to wonder if it actually makes any difference? After all, 25ml added to 25 litres of fuel is a pretty large dilution ratio...

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
i always double dose it every time , seems more responsive

What cetane rating would that end up with?! Is it safe/ok to use at that dosage?!

I know standard diesel is 51 cetane rating, Total Excellium 53, Shell V-Power diesel is 55, and BP Ultimate 55.

What does the Millers at 1ml per litre make 51 rating go to?

I'd have thought it'd be around 55? the same as the Shell and BP?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Double dose for a full 50 litre tank of fresh diesel would be 100ml, which means filling the measuring bulb up and emptying into the tank twice, yes.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.