pd 110 or not

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
As long as the pipes are tight then they should be as they are, as for the boost pipe, if it doesn't leak then the standard clip's fine, if it does start to leak then you could fit a jubilee clip.

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
be carefull when you disconect the EGR. i did mone the other week and started getting a fault code and engine management light. mine is a 53 plate but 2004 model year. everything i had read suggested i could just blank it off.

Mine too, I think the earlier models are fine but 2004 models bring on the engine light with EGR delete. The solution is to have it mapped out, but it costs hundreds, so I'm going to wait for my next remap and ask them to map out the warning light at the same time for free.

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
@Leon2012 - good link, thanks for that, and the translation for VE = verteiler = distributor. For reference, PD = Pumpe Düse, which I always translate as dosing pump, but in English engineering terms it means Unit Injector.

FYI: Pumpe Düse literally means "pump nozzle": you're probably translating "Düse" to dosing because it sounds similar and fits the context, but "dosing" is actually dosierung and Düse is the noun for nozzle.

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
If your car's running smoth then just get the egr turned right down in vagcom, I only disconnected mine because I was having problems with it. As for the light coming on as far as I've read it wont cause any problems, it's just annoying. If you do need to disconnect it for testing though you can just clear the light later with vagcom or that once reconnected. The downside is that with the egr disconnected it does take longer to warm up but that's all.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Leon2012 wrote

FYI: Pumpe Düse literally means "pump nozzle": you're probably translating "Düse" to dosing because it sounds similar and fits the context, but "dosing" is actually dosierung and Düse is the noun for nozzle.​

Oh, even my rudimentary schoolboy German is enough for me to know I'm translating atrociously, it's just irresistable :)

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Leon2012 wrote

FYI: Pumpe Düse literally means "pump nozzle": you're probably translating "Düse" to dosing because it sounds similar and fits the context, but "dosing" is actually dosierung and Düse is the noun for nozzle.​

Oh, even my rudimentary schoolboy German is enough for me to know I'm translating atrociously, it's just irresistable :)

Hey Muttley, be like that if you want, I wasn't trying to lecture you or talk down to you, just to be helpful (to you and other readers), as you seemed interested & thanked me when I said VE meant Verteiler.

Last edited:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Hey Muttley, be like that if you want, I wasn't trying to lecture you or talk down to you, just to be helpful (to you and other readers), as you seemed interested & thanked me when I said VE meant Verteiler.

Apologies, Leon2012, my reply was not meant to be rude or unpleasant, simply a bit of banter.

I tried to add to your reputation (using the scales button on your post) in thanks, but it doen't seem to have registered as you still have ten points.

Leon2012

Jan 24, 2012
Ok no problem Muttley, I just thought you were being offbeat as you felt lectured to, but that wasn't my intention. Thanks for the rep thing, I don't know how that works either

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members