Cupra tdi Mufflerectomy

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
I didn't have a milltek silencer. I had a decat with down pipe. No box in the middle section with rear miltek box. Then removed the box for a pipe, making the whole system basically a pipe from turbo to back of the car. With the box it wasn't much louder than stock tbh. Once gone, on full chat it was great.

Last edited:

wbaxter90

Jan 15, 2012
was it as smokey? :think: quite like the smoke for some reason lol
Think im guna get a straight thru and egr delete kit at the same time.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Kinda but not always the case. Mapped cars and hybrids will always smoke more than stock. Price you have to pay.

Matt-L

Lol, I had my mapped 110 straight piped last week. Sounds awesome when dumping at about 2k rpm :) One thing I have noticed is when I hit high speeds my car goes into limp mode as there are now no restrictions in the exhaust. I'm hoping when I get my injector nozzles fitted and go for a live map that this issue can be addressed.

wbaxter90

Jan 15, 2012
i plan on getting a straight thru just before getting it mapped, hopefully eliminating this.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Lol, I had my mapped 110 straight piped last week. Sounds awesome when dumping at about 2k rpm :) One thing I have noticed is when I hit high speeds my car goes into limp mode as there are now no restrictions in the exhaust. I'm hoping when I get my injector nozzles fitted and go for a live map that this issue can be addressed.

I'd get the map checked. Thats not really anything to do with the exhaust. Done vag-com?

Last edited:

Matt-L

It was fine before the exhaust was done. Someone mentioned the vanes are opening earlier and maybe maxing out too soon now there are no restrictions and that a map would sort that out?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
i dont even think your turbo has vgt? does it? might be wrong.

did you have a downpipe and decat too?

It won't be maxing out too soon as the boost hasn't changed? It will spool quicker and will give less stress on the trubo if anything.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Put a Jetex cone filter on with a mufflerectory back box only an it will sound and pull like a hole new car that's on tdi engines anyway

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Put a Jetex cone filter on with a mufflerectory back box only an it will sound and pull like a hole new car that's on tdi engines anyway

tbh, if your going to remove the backbox, might aswell do the lot. It's like doing half a job!

Do it right, do it once i say.

TBH I doupt you will see anything with a jetex. I only used it once i had a hybrid

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise