Seat Leon FR 1.9TDI (Diesel) Spluttering & Smoke

jazman27

I hope someone can shed some light to my problem that happened today.

I have a 2004 1.9TDI FR (150BHP) that's remapped to 200BHP. It's been running perfectly for years.

Today whilst driving it started spluttering. It seemed to be a air problem to the turbo. It gradually became worse. I've had a similar problem before as the air pipe connector at the top broke. But this isn't the case this time.

When I stop and rev it, it seems fine. But as soon as I put it under load (drive it) it splutters and tons of smoke comes out the exhaust - I mean a lot. As if it's burning pure diesel.

I can drive it, but very slowly (under 2000 rpm) or it starts spluttering. I don't think the turbo has packed up as it sounds as it's still spinning. It's acting as if there's an air problem.

But I'm no expert, any ideas? Thanks, Mark.

jazman27

Hey guys, was meant to let you know earlier. The connecting pipe from the intercooler under the front of the car had come off. The clip had broken.

Replaced with a new clip bought from Seat here in Spain for the cheapest price I've ever paid for a car part! 63c (yes, from Seat).

Back to perfect :) But now I have a new problem after changing the air filter... I'll post that in a new topic.

Thanks guys,
Mark

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.