Leon 1P 1.9TDI PD105 P0401 Fault Code

bagel142

Feb 23, 2016
Hi all,

I have recently bought a Leon 1P 1.9TDI PD105 Stylance and hands down its the best car i've owned.

I bought the car about 2 weeks ago and on the way home it the EML came on but there wasn't a loss of power, Got the car home and I plugged it into my scanner and I got the code P0401 'exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected'.

So I took it to my friend who a mechanic and we cleaned the EGR out and cleared the code but about 5 miles later it came back on.

The weird thing is if I clear the code before I go on the motorway or dual carriageway the EML wont come on. I drove a solid 75 miles last weekend on the motorway and the light didnt come on but if I clear the code and and drive round town at 30mph the light will come on in about 15 minuets.

Its really annoying because i'm OCD with having lights on my dash. I just want the car to be right because I really like it.

If any one knows the problem or how to solve it please let me know.

Much Appreciated,
Liam

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
is it vac operated and if so is it opening and closing properly, has it been restricted via a gasket with a smaller hole? at some point and if all that is OK then maybe the MAF is reading the wrong total flow

bagel142

Feb 23, 2016
is it vac operated and if so is it opening and closing properly, has it been restricted via a gasket with a smaller hole? at some point and if all that is OK then maybe the MAF is reading the wrong total flow

Yeah im 95% sure its vac operated, How can I tell? Also their is no smaller gasket to restrict it.

Many Thanks,
Liam

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
there will be a vac line to the flyingsaucer top of the valve you should be able to pull and hold a vac on it also to peer inside to see if it opens and closes properly the small gasket is usually fitted between the valve and the exhaust "feed" to it to restrict flow without cutting it off

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.