MK4 Brake Upgrades

golfturbo

gazjones said:
you need the hubs yes and prob 16inch wheel minimum to clear the caliper i would say the 288mm would be better and cheaper if you were doing this as a few people may have the 288mm disks and caliper lying around from upgrading to the 312mm
but with the power the 1.4 puts out your never going to need the stopping power of the 312mm i dont think

Gaz is right on the requirements, with your existing 17's hubs is all you will need in addition to the set up.

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
I got my hands on calibers like the ones on Ibiza Evo 2 pics, BUT the carrier is little different so it won't fit!!! The caliber does look in the pictures exactly the same, but the carrier has shorter 'legs'.. :censored: [:@] :censored:

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Today i have fitted finally my TT brakes and replaced the brake fluid by DOT5.1.

before

dsc01219mediumiv5.jpg

dsc01227mediumak3.jpg

after

dsc01230mediumuc1.jpg

dsc01224mediumfe6.jpg

comparison

dsc01221mediumgi1.jpg

dsc01222mediummv7.jpg

dsc01223mediumgn8.jpg

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
looking good friend , i was in daniels car (spaniels FR) which uses oem 312mm and it stopped v well , mine uses galfer kit and also steel caliper sliders and the brake feel and power is blinding .

health to enjoy

gazjones

just a quick question what brake fl;uid have people topped up with when doing the upgrade. also im going to get my fluid changed full soon and was wondering if dot5 silicon fluid would be good its made by automec from the usa, reason is i can get it from work pretty cheap and says never needs changing

gazjones

ah right found out its dot 4 as standard so going to have to get some of that to top up with then get fluid changed completely!

gazjones

when fitting these does the hose point downwards or upwards ie if its downwards the nipple is at the top and the other way around cant work out wich is for what side!
one caliper has PA and the other has HD on it

gazjones

fitted my 312mm today lok great and work very well and not to hard to do looks even bettter when they are painted!

gazjones

ow yes arrived friday morning at work and painted them friday evening and got to work on sat morning! got some pics in red in the pictures thread if you want to use them your more than welcome!

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
Does anyone know if those sweet red brembo calipers are available for the 312mm brakes? Would that fit under the stock 16's? Tried looking on the brembo page but they don't have much information on what fits what.

gazjones

brembo calipers need the 17 inch wheels! as they are huge calipers 312mm tt set up just clears the 16 inch wheels!

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Some basic questions, are the brakes on the Ibiza Cupra not better than the FR? or since you'd need to buy a new Cupra kit anyway is it worth just going for the TT setup. No one has upgraded the discs on the TT set so they're ample? no need for drilled or grooved? OR would drilled/ grooved discs with upgraded pads desgined for the Ibiza be another option, just trying to get folks views on this.

Thanks,

PJ.

gazjones

the 288 mm setup like the golf gti had has the same calipers i belive also my dads leon tdi 130 has same calipers but is on the 288 set up im not 100 percent positive they are exactly the same but look the same!

T. Spark

Some basic questions, are the brakes on the Ibiza Cupra not better than the FR? or since you'd need to buy a new Cupra kit anyway is it worth just going for the TT setup. No one has upgraded the discs on the TT set so they're ample? no need for drilled or grooved? OR would drilled/ grooved discs with upgraded pads desgined for the Ibiza be another option, just trying to get folks views on this.

Thanks,

PJ.

The Cupra MK4 has better brakes as standard than the FR. I looked at drilled/grooved discs, but ended up with normal ones! I foudn the brakes alot better, and would class it as a good upgrade to go with a remap!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise