MK4 Cupra Bumper Upgrades

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Rich,
That means you'll need a FMIC which cant be fitted with the sport bumpers so thats why people put the cupra/facelift fr front bumper on the sports

:confused:.......
i fitted my forge FMIC fine behind the standard sport front bumper

are these part numbers below for the bumper pictured lower down?

Rear Bumer, 6LL 807 417 A GRU
Lower Spoiler, 6LL 807 521 79Y

Evening all.
DSC00273.jpg

Last edited:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
how broken is it :cartman: because id probably smooth it and then use it :D

when i got hit, it must have pushed the plastic in and it "popped" back out as you can see where the lacquer has come away from the paint / bumper when the plastic was momentarily creased.
visually its not cracked, but i want a new replacement!

anyway, thought you wanted something to practice on :p, this will be a challenge!

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
when i got hit, it must have pushed the plastic in and it "popped" back out as you can see where the lacquer has come away from the paint / bumper when the plastic was momentarily creased.
visually its not cracked, but i want a new replacement!

anyway, thought you wanted something to practice on :p, this will be a challenge!

:D roll on the challenge;)

llamafarmer

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to exterior styling mods, so I need a bit of advice. There's a fair bit of info on here to sift through and I'm not sure I can work out exactly what I need.

I'd like to put a facelift FR kit on my 05 FR PD 130 - would I need new fogs? Would there be any intercooler issues to consider? Would the rear bumper fit around my exhaust? Yeah, I'm clueless!

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Yes you will need new fogs for the facelift FR bumper. I think they're about £150 each from Seat so not cheap! I've read on here that certain fog lights from Leons will fit which you can buy off ebay a bit cheaper. Pre facelift fogs are compatible with the cupra bumper however.

Your intercooler will be fine with the FR facelift bumper. Problems only occur with the cupra front bumper as the front grille is restrictive. I got around this by filing out all the blocked up parts in the grille to allow airflow to the intercooler.

The facelift rear bumper should easily fit around your current exhaust. I don't think Seat would have redesigned the exhaust to fit differently on the facelift model. If it doesn't then i'm sure it could be adjusted. Hope that helps :)

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
So for the record, is there any difference between the FR and the standard facelift front bumper?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The FR front bumper has larger honeycombs in the grilles. Also the area behind the number plate is black plastic (same colour as the grilles) and not body coloured like the standard facelift ones.

You can however make a standard facelift one look like an FR one by painting the number plate part the same colour as the grilles, and also fitting the larger honeycomb grilles.

LandanSam

May 25, 2008
Derby
Lads, im slightly confused.. what would i have to order? The bumpers? Then the foglight adapter things? Anything else? I'd like to look into getting the face lift bumpers but have no idea what to order.. Can some clarify the part numbers for me to please?

Thanks
Sam!!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Sorry to darg this thread up again, but don't think this question was asked; Will my 2005 (54) Ibiza Sport Tdi PD110 upper grilles fit into the cupra bumper? I don't wasn't to have to buy upper grilles unless necessary!

Thanks!

P.S. - Anyone one here working for a dealer fancy updating the price list?

they should do ;)

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Hi just wounderd if anyone has fited a non genuine face lift front and rear bumper as the fronts are only 75 quid but if there not a good fit then i wont waist my wonga.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.