Mk4 Suspension

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
im sure ive seen some and what is .5cm? would u really notice it? i think ive seen some kits start at 30mm drop on ebay before and the kits have come off the race circuit background so should be quite hard.... have u looked on europerformance.co.uk?

Bunnin

Stealth machine
RichieRich said:
im sure ive seen some and what is .5cm? would u really notice it? i think ive seen some kits start at 30mm drop on ebay before and the kits have come off the race circuit background so should be quite hard.... have u looked on europerformance.co.uk?

yeh ill have a butchers ;)

Where did u get ur fk's from sisson?

gazjones

has anyone uprated an fr 20vt front anti roll bar to the cupra one as i think in going to try this before uprating the whole suspention and is there any other rear arb's out the apart from the jabba one?

aldibal

help me please!!

:help: hey guys been reading through all the posts but didnt really find anything so wondering if anyonne can help, ive got the new facelift mk4, are all the parts i need to order the same as the 02 onwards model? and if so whaa lowering springs have peeps bought and would recommend i dont need all the rest of the arm just the lowered springs, plz help,thanx aldibal

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
eibach

@gaz

go all out and fit the fabia VRS bar , its 1mm bigger still, tho id still fit eibach springs and koni shocks if the budget will stretch , makes a huge difference along with a seatsport strut brace ,

gazjones

ah right so the fabia one is the best of the bunch how much are these roughly do you know and is the koni shockes and eibach springs sold as a kit by koni? just we deal with them at work!

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
Bunnin said:
Had a lil play today after gettin my koni kit fitted and im well happy. There just no roll now, also thought id have to compromise the comfort for the handling but i have both :funk: awesome
You wouldn't have a pic of your car from the side, like too see the stance.. Is it the koni's 30mm setup (I think referred as typ 1130)?

I'm thinking of that set or fk-königsport to replace my h&r springs -35mm and stock sport tdi shocks (new), which are not fun to drive. Front end is bouncy and rear end feels like it's a hinge. Fk would be high adjustable, but can't lower the car too much any way, and difference in price is about 160-179£.. Any suggestions to help my decision? Comments on ride comfort specially would be appreciated..

Small

Aug 23, 2003
Bournemouth
Visit site
pine said:
You wouldn't have a pic of your car from the side, like too see the stance.. Is it the koni's 30mm setup (I think referred as typ 1130)?

I'm thinking of that set or fk-königsport to replace my h&r springs -35mm and stock sport tdi shocks (new), which are not fun to drive. Front end is bouncy and rear end feels like it's a hinge. Fk would be high adjustable, but can't lower the car too much any way, and difference in price is about 160-179£.. Any suggestions to help my decision? Comments on ride comfort specially would be appreciated..

I have not got any pictures of my car but i can also vouch for the improved ride quality of the Koni Sport kit. I changed mine about 5 months ago and the suspension seems perfectly matched to the car now. The front dampers are on the softest setting (as i have a strut brace) and the rears are always on their softest setting. The car is much more 'planted' round corners now as the rear was a bit skittish with just one person in the car.

gazjones

bunnin has the same kit as that and he was catching me on corners the other day as ive got standard suspention and its a great drop!!! im looking into this same kit!

thewez

Feb 24, 2003
Gloucetser
Visit site
Why does the Fabia VRS ride and handle better

Hi guys,

Got a Ibiza FR 130 and wondered what I might need to change to get the Fabia ride quality? Or come to that better than fabia ride.

I assume that its all springs and shocks?

But reading this could it be arb's?

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
what makes you think the fabia handles better?

the fabia does have a thicker front ARB but it makes it understeer alot.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
hey guys if i brought a set of arb's from eibach would that be a more worth while kit to the koni shockes and eibach springs? how much drop do u have on these springs and is the back higher than the front? and would this kit be ok on the 1.4's? thanks any help would be good!

G!zmond0

In my experience the best suspention is "Bilstein B16"upside down technology,height adjustable.My friend and I both have ibiza cupra 1.9 tdi.We tryed "eibah" and didn't like it.With Bilstein b 16 it's like a different car.It's incredible,very stable,perfectly stable.It's like you are drawing on the road.That's the best there is.

orange

Jun 9, 2006
Here is my suspension upgrade :happy:

H&R 29325-2 Coilover.
H&R 33325-1 Anti roll bar.
H&R 30255571 Wheel Spacers & Bolts.
Powerflex PFF85-603 Anti roll bar bushes.

goodies.jpg

Can't wait to install all :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.