PD engine information please.

edde

I'm hoping someone on here cna help me I'm looking at possibly dropping a 130/150/160 etc engine into another car however the engine managment seems to be the biggest issue. Does anyone have any information on the pinout for the ECU or what ECU etc it uses and the interface modules with the rest of the car?

Also anywhere I can find information on the weight of the engine and gearbox or even just a front end weight for a PD engined car?

Any information on gearbox ratios since my car has smaller wheel?

Does anyone know anwhere which sells cars preferably as complete as possible (breakers) or a good salvage yards or the prices I'm looking at?

Thanks for any help or assistance.

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Can't give any specifics but the newer 2.0 litre PD140 motors use a lot more aluminium and are lighter than the older PD130 / 150 .... these are iron-blocked monsters that can be traced back to the original 1.6 Gold engine from 1974 :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Well, coming from a nightmare pd130 conversion to a pd100 Fabia,you'll need ALL the wiring from the donor car, the engine/box. Shafts might need altering to fit. Probably the dashpod and ECU as well. Basically ripping out everything from the donor and fitting everything from the scrapper, if possible the entire dashboard and fittings. (right down to door cards, etc)

My project was bad enough using the same car, more or less. I dread to think what it would be like putting it all into an older/different sized car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members