Wheels

Seat_Lass

Jul 19, 2005
Lincolnshire
Right, now with xmas out of the way Im planning on getting my wheels but Im so unsure of what to get :confused:

Ive been offered some Occy wheels for free, but these are 17s so thinking they may be too big for my little car, so what do I go for? Multispoke, 5 spoke? I dont know. :shrug:

Also, If any of you out there are good with pictures would you mins sticking some wheels on one of my pics so I can have a look......PLEASE!!! :p

Any ideas appreciated.
Ta very muchly

Cara

MR OBD

Sooty
Apr 22, 2005
Sheffield
17s will be fine, you can get 18" wheels on your Ibiza if u really want (i did)

I would go for 5-10 spoke wheels...

But thats just me, all up to you tho really!

Mike

T. Spark

Depends what style you like, have a look on some sites see which ones u think would look good, then photoshop them onto ya car to get a idea!

If ur going be spending ya hard earned ££££ u got to make sure they are the right ones for the job!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
17"s look pretty perfect on a Lowered Ibiza and the speedo will only get MORE accurate (as it over reads by 7% anyway!). Remember though that an increase in rolling radius means your brakes need to do more work in less revolutions - so cut a story short, id be weary if you rag the pants off it!

I had some 16" FR wheels on my 1.2 which didnt seem to decrease performance much but the thing went round corners damn quick - felt much better than my lowered TDi with a strut brace!

I also see that you want your car lowering so heres a piccy of mine thats been dropped 50mm on some 17"s

beeza.jpg

Same time, but this time with a flash and less exposure and more bling!
beeza2.jpg

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Here's mine before it was lowered on 17's. It's not a very nice sight as you can see.

wheels.jpg

And here's it on different 17's after being lowered.

newwheels.jpg

Okay, it doesn't help that my driveway's on a bit of a slope, but you get the idea. :)

T. Spark

andy_gdon said:
ED....where did you get your H&R kit?? Are the dampers adjustable?

They came with his car when he bough it, and I dont think they, tho Ed might no different!

How much has ur's [mrcoyote] been lowerd? can deffo tell on the front as looks very nice.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Sir SparkSter said:
How much has ur's [mrcoyote] been lowerd? can deffo tell on the front as looks very nice.
It's the Seatsport kit, so I'm guessing it's around 25mm. Ideally it needs to be a bit lower at the back, but it's nothing a boot full of crap won't fix. ;)

T. Spark

Ya, looks about right on the front (well right as in u can still go over a normal road without killing yaself!) but think ur right, the back is so high needs as little more! Like a boot full of crap! or subs :D

Hmm....

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
No point in putting subs in the back tbh, I'll be getting my new car in a month. :funk: I'll see if I can find the pics of my car when I stuck about 300kg's worth of stuff in the back and then you'll see how low it can be. :)

T. Spark

hehe, about as low as eds with mike in the back Id reckon :D

What car are you getting anyway?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hi, like mark said, they were fitted before i bought the car so am not 100% sure but after a wee bit of research im 90% certain they arent adjustable...

They break your back tho - very/too stiff... can see myself getting rid soonish unless my mileage goes down!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Well here's the ultra heavy car...

Front View and back view.

I think I had the lowered suspension on then, but I can't remember for definate. I know it handled like a pig though and wasn't too quick. :) Still, there was no rubbing even with it that low. :D

T. Spark

mrcoyote said:
Well here's the ultra heavy car...

Front View and back view.

I think I had the lowered suspension on then, but I can't remember for definate. I know it handled like a pig though and wasn't too quick. :) Still, there was no rubbing even with it that low. :D

What on earth did u have in the back?! tis well low!

Ed - u getting rid!? why!!!

Stephenpalm

:confused: I expect he did the right thing and forced his grandmother into the boot space for the photo shoot.
I did actually like the last visual that you supplied, did you mention which car you are going to pick up, in the near future? :confused:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Stephenpalm said:
:confused: I expect he did the right thing and forced his grandmother into the boot space for the photo shoot.
I did actually like the last visual that you supplied, did you mention which car you are going to pick up, in the near future? :confused:
Bit hard to do seeing as she's tiny and on the other side of the world. :p

And who's the question aimed at?

Triple D

Sir SparkSter said:
hehe, about as low as eds with mike in the back Id reckon :D

What car are you getting anyway?
think he is after a focus asbo :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.