Center Armrest

chippy436

Apr 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

New'ish Alhambra.

My center armrest does not lock into any position, it just sits at the bottom. So no use as an arm rest.

Can i please ask if the newer Alhambra arm rests can actually lock into different positions as i had in my VW Touran?

Suspect mine is faulty.

regards

Chippy

Gerico1000

Sep 7, 2014
2014 SE LUX

There is a ratchet. From the lowest position it has about six or seven clicks as it comes up and yes it will stay at any of them until you move it right to the top. It will then go all the way down and you start again.

Sounds like either a dodgy ratchet on the switch at the top hasn't reset when it got to the bottom. No idea on the detail I'm afraid. R

chippy436

Apr 25, 2016
Many thanks Gerico, mine defo seems stuffed. Have booked it in to SEAT Braintree to have a look on Saturday.

Hope nothing else goes wrong, its only done 4000 miles.

chippy436

Apr 25, 2016
The armrest has been replaced yesterday by SEAT Braintree and now works a treat.
Cannot fault the service from these guys and so much better than what i had with VW.

Gerico1000

Sep 7, 2014
Good to hear you got it sorted and some feedback about SEAT Braintree. They are not that far from me, particularly as my local dealer (Lakeside, Thurrock) have stopped doing SEAT. Mind you they were not great and overpriced as well so only used as a last resort.

chippy436

Apr 25, 2016
thanks, compared to VW Chelmsford they have been really good. Picked the car up from the house, fixed it, washed it, sent a video of a health check and brought it back. Couldn't fault that at all.