This will sound silly

Cupraporky

May 23, 2016
Dont wanna sound like a p**t here but wat do people's Cupra r bam boost at on stage 1 or 2 remap and what do people get from 3rd gear I've been and bought one with a receipt for a mapping at and and its holding 20 psi but in third gear I'm getting 120 out of 3rd gear were my friends is doing 100 in 3rd all on private runway off course

Sorry if I sound silly lol

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Prob about right mate, I was on 19psi but now I've changed my spark plugs I'm getting 15psi, I'm on stage 1 LC tho.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Dont wanna sound like a p**t here but wat do people's Cupra r bam boost at on stage 1 or 2 remap and what do people get from 3rd gear I've been and bought one with a receipt for a mapping at and and its holding 20 psi but in third gear I'm getting 120 out of 3rd gear were my friends is doing 100 in 3rd all on private runway off course

Sorry if I sound silly lol

Think mines at 18-19 psi but I may be being a little silly here myself, are you saying you're third gear goes to 120 mph and your friends goes to 100 mph?

Cupraporky

May 23, 2016
Yer mate goes to 120 in 3rd his is just over 100 but wondered if this is cos its mapped

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
120mph is abit much in 3rd gear, I can get up to 90mph and I've still got a few thousand revs to climb, I dont do it tho.

Last edited:

Cupraporky

May 23, 2016
As unbelievable as it is its true I'm probably as shocked as u are but it has had recent gearbox in it I wonder if this has different ratios

irf

Feb 5, 2014
so what does it do in 6th? 290?:blink:

just joking but 120 sounds very high for the car, sounds like its either the wrong gearbox or could it possibly be reading in km/h?

fwiw mine goes to about 85 on the speedo.

Cupraporky

May 23, 2016
It's bugging me so much lol it don't feel that fast in 1 or 2nd soon as I'm in 3rd it flys lol it's on the rollers Saturday so we shall see

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Yer mate goes to 120 in 3rd his is just over 100 but wondered if this is cos its mapped

the speed the car goes in each gear is to do with gear ratios, mapping doesnt affect that at all.

tbh you don't really want third to go as far as 120 (if that is whats happening) because itll be a lot slower then the same car with the same power but normal gear ratios. Think rally cars with "only" 300bhp but they just rip through the gears because all they want is acceleration between corners, the focus isnt on top speed. Even if you had gear ratios that could take the car to 200 mph you wouldnt have the power (or aerodynamics) to get to that speed.

andycupra

status subject to change
the speed the car goes in each gear is to do with gear ratios, mapping doesnt affect that at all.

tbh you don't really want third to go as far as 120 (if that is whats happening) because itll be a lot slower then the same car with the same power but normal gear ratios. Think rally cars with "only" 300bhp but they just rip through the gears because all they want is acceleration between corners, the focus isnt on top speed. Even if you had gear ratios that could take the car to 200 mph you wouldnt have the power (or aerodynamics) to get to that speed.

unless the rev limiter has been raised. or the other car isn't running correctly.

Cupraporky

May 23, 2016
At 90 I'm doing 5,000rpm I wonder if this is down to the mapping I need it looked at ASAP !!!

andycupra

status subject to change
At 90 I'm doing 5,000rpm I wonder if this is down to the mapping I need it looked at ASAP !!!

ey? remapping could change the limiter, but it wont change the gear ratios...
3rd should be about 3,000 rpm at 40, meaning 6,500 at 90.

have you confirmed your speed is reading correctly?
but given its had a replacement gearbox? then is it incorrect. Diesel etc?

Last edited:

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Sounds like the speeds you get from a civic type r . All Rev and go . Putting mine down santa pod there no way I would hit 120 in 3rd .

irf

Feb 5, 2014
You won't get those speeds even from a type r, driven a few ep3s and owned an atr. In fact the top speeds reached in gear are similar to our cars. Apart from cupraporkys obviously.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.