Price of an Ibiza

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Looking to buy one very soon but the prices I'm seeing are a lot higher than the parkers guide suggests.

As in there is a yellow one on autotrader for £6000. 44k miles all the usual extras, looks in good condition. It's on an X plate. Now parkers guide says about £4400 for a car like that with the miles????

What's going on. Is parkers horribly wrong? Should I try Glass' guide?

Cheers James

alexoakes

May 9, 2004
Lincoln
I think Parkers is more for trade, the prices in there are always a lot lower than what they are actually going for. The best thing to do is keep an eye out on here and Autotrader. You're only going to get one for what they're going for regardless of parkers.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Yeh that is...but I only have 6k realistically to play with.

Does yellow affect the price at all?

And I though that X plate was way too much!!!

But parkers surely can't be £1600 out!!! even with there debateable 'knowledge'!

alexoakes

May 9, 2004
Lincoln
You should be able to get quite a decent one for 6K. If I were you I'd try and raise a bit more cash (parents or something) and go for that one above. Lucky to get one under about 40K these days so it would pay to get a lower mileage one. Give him a PM and see what he's willing to accept.
As for colour I would have thought Yellow would have been cheaper if anything. Bit more of a boyracer colour, not my favourite. I'm a big fan of the Imperial Blue but my black one came up at a good price with low miles.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
How much did you manage to get urs for if you don't mind me asking?

Have sent the guy a PM. Might go for it as its in london too.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
As above the car is worth what it will fetch with Cupra's as they are in relatively high demand, Especially low mileage and well looked after ones. People are willing to pay more than the price guide suggests to get a decent one and owners know this.

Scoby

JimyFloyd said:
What's going on. Is parkers horribly wrong? Should I try Glass' guide?

Cheers James

I work for a motor organisation and Glasses Guides & CAP are the ones we use but they can sometimes give you an even lower price than parkers does.

As was previously stated, people are willing to pay extra for a car that they like and is in a good condition

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Glass is for traders, so more the traders prices, autotrader or the goin rate is your best bet, and then find things to knock them down on, ie, service history, any marks, mileage etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.