Cruise Control

Bubbadc

Hi All,
I have just bought my 1st Altea Stylance 1.9TDI and am very pleased with it.
Only problem is that the cruise control does not seem to work.
I have seen the thread on here about taking the switch out and cleaning the terminals and tried but with no success.:shrug:
Does anyone know if there is anything else I could try, ie is there a fuse that may have blown or something.

Thanks in advance

Deleted member 54479

Hi, I've also got a Stylance 2007 1.9tdi and had it for 18 months. I thought my cruise control didn't work either cos no lights appeared on the dash but having read the postings on here tried it and found it did work perfectly okay but showed no lights on the dash. Its the only car l've found with this odd problem. Have you tried it whilst driving. Flick switch to left on top of lefthand stalk then press rocker button on the end of the stalk to select speed. Sorry but can't give any other suggestions.

Bubbadc

Hi,
Yes I have tried it while driving and it does nothing, have taken switch out and cleaned terminals but still no joy. I know the light is not supposed to come on.
Will try and clean switch again to see what happens

Thanks

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
VCDS is a diagnostic utility that is very close to what the dealer uses, a genuine cable is £200+ but if you post up your location there may be someone local to you with a cable

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
I'd have helped but I'm 2 hours north.
Maybe there's a register on this site of people with locations.

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
I'm NW Leeds but fdad has cable at moment in Retford.
You can downlaod the software for free but it will only work with the correct cable.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.