Aura Radio

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
I have a 2001 Toledo (TDI) where the radio has gone into safe mode........I followed the directions in the Aura Radio manual that came with the car but now I find that the radio display constantly shows '2 SAFE' & this is after leaving it for 48 hours (the manual says give it time to allow it to be reset & that the radio should be connected to power & turned off....which it has been)

How the radio came to be in safe mode was because I went on a long journey & using heater/wipers/lights etc & the Alternator was not throwing out enough Volts so I suddenly found that certain electrical systems started being closed down by the Computer....firstly the ABS/Traction control then the Radio then when I turned off the ignition, it wouldn't start. Getting the Alternator changed but its the radio thats causing the most headache.

Paul

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
What you need to do is turn off the ignition and take the key out. Than turn on the radio and leave it for an hour. The radio should then read 1000 or 2000. Then you can reset the code using the manual as a guide.
Good luck
Paul

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Paul,

Sorry I tried to reply to you yesterday but couldn't get into the Website, however, I did try your suggestion & it worked great, thank you.

Paul

athmane.saib

Hello, asthpsw, I had the same problem as yours, it's necessary to leave the radio open or offen during 1 hour, please help me, because I cannot understand the message of Mr Paul
If you have the user manual, please send it to me,
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.