Platinum LCR, 19" Porsche rims & flip plate *UPDATED PICS PG17*

• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

Gibbo201

good work mate, would like to see the finished Iphone holder. i saw at the pics of your pillar pod. what one do you have please, i am looking at getting one and liked the look of yours. thanks

Gibbo201

Thanks for that, how well does it match the existing trim that you get in the Cupra, i assume its fairly similar.

Deleted member 12147

Today I finally removed my Milltek backbox and got a custom backbox fitted, I've been wanting to do it for ages, last year I swapped my resonated pipe for a non res one which gave me abit more sound but I wanted more so I went with a custom jobby. :)

Heres the Milltek, which will be finding it's way on ebay this weekend.;)

7.jpg

It sounds mental underload especially through tunnels. Quick video below (not the best quality) CLICK PIC TO PLAY>

Heres a few updated pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Love this motor mate, all your mods compliment each other really well. Exhaust sounds good.

Do you know what the part number is for the centre grill on the front bumper?

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Very, very nice - the wheels are a lovely colour and 19's really do suit a Leon if its lowered correctly on them.

Im with RDS on the grille part number too. Ive sprayed the outer surround but my 'S' badge is plastic welded in!

Liam.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Zorst sounds lovely mate :)

Car looks great, really is a stunner and a credit to you.

One of my fave's on here..

Deleted member 12147

Thanks for the comms. Do you wanna know the part number for the upper or lower center grille?

Deleted member 12147

LOWER CENTRE GRILLE 1ML85366879Y £27

TOP 'S' GRILLE 1ML85365179Y £17.50

Taken from seremotors section.

andyuk1275

Aug 25, 2011
quality thread mate.

dont suppose you could shed some more light on the liquid gauge holder.

what did you make it out of ?

Deleted member 12147

It's made from vacuum formed plastic, all pics are on page 3.

I basically done the following;

1. Cut out a basic template/shape for the front of the pod from cardboard.
2. I transfered the template to a CD case.
3. I took the cardboard template and stuck it to a block of blue modelling foam and modelled a shape i was happy with.
4. Using a vacuum former i formed my shape.
5. I bought a spare steering column cover and bonded the 2 together.
6. Paint and fit gauge.

When forming the front of the pod where the liquid gauge bowed in, this is why I used a CD case for the front of the pod (which you can see in the pics before I painted it all)

Obviously i used a vacuum former which not everyone will have access to. i've been looking at buying one so i can make more but they go for big money :(

I could've used fibreglass but vacuum forming is far quicker.

Deleted member 12147

Well removed my old Downpipe and Milltek race cat and had my Pipewerx 3" Downpipe and decat fitted yesterday. All I can say is WOW, what a difference it has made. This has got to be one of the best mods you can do to a car second to a remap.

Old

8001c837.jpg

New wrapped in Titanium heat wrap.

bc2f878e.jpg

The thing roars now on boost, I will get a video up sometime tomorrow.*

Last edited by a moderator:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Awesome mate :)

The PiperWerx systems have proved themselves very well on these cars and do sound great. Bet your over the moon :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members