Car back from bodyshop, not happy

Poverty

A oldman drove into the side of my car the other day, basically head on into the driver side wheel at about 5mph.

His insurance company accepted liability straight away and arranged for me to get my car repaired and get a courtesy car.

On arrival to the bodyshop they agreed to refurb the alloy, respray the front bumper, replace the driver side tyre and do a full geometry check.

Got the car back today a week after taking it in to see that they have refurbed the wheel and replaced the tyre, put only resprayed HALF of the front bumper :confused: So now half of my front bumper looks like knew and the other half is stone chip galore. It looks like that guy from batman, two face. Tbh the cosmetic damage was so light, that had I known they would do that I would have told them not to bother.

Also I noticed the rear offside tyre seems to have a puncture now, and I found the psi at 10 [:@]

The driver side rear tyre has been replaced with a brand new tyre for some reason, and two of my alloys have white paint flecks on them also [:@] The spacesaver spare has also been used.

The car has gained a extra 11 miles, and pulls to the right now at speed, however this has got better since pumping up the rear tyre with the puncture.

They also said they had to replace the offside knuckle as the camber was out? But I cant see any evidence of a new knuckle being fitted.

Now is it just me or has this bodyshop been taking the piss? As far as im concerned the car has come back in a worse state than it did going in.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
take to another garage or even the dealer and ask them to report on the quality of the work thats been done etc.etc.

If the report comes back and is negative about the work / quality of the work done, then contact the insurance company who arranged this and complain to them about their repairers and find out what they are going to do about it.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
complain to the ins, we as an independant bodyshop see this all to often, in fact we have on in now that we are re-doing for uk assistance as ther body shop as failed to do it correctly 3 times!!!

by complaining to the ins, it brings it to their attention that people wont accept crap!!

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
i would kick off m8 , my mom had a problem like that after i went with her to argue the to** it was sorted to a standard that was acceptable dont take any s**t off them

yes complain to the insurer, I don't blame bodyshops as such as they need to compete with others for the work and the insures probably pay peanuts, however i've had 2 dealings with a Ford dealers bodyshop on two seperate cars and both of them have been terrible. What I fail to understand is how they could pass a car fit for return, they obviously had no standards. If I was to produce work like most of the bodyshops seem to then I would be ashamed of it. The smaller garages seem to make much better jobs.

I'd keep complaining until they get it right, the idea is that the car should be in its pre accident state. Oh and my brothers fiesta had its wheel repaired, after the 3rd attempt they replaced it with a new wheel, the worst was the flat spot on the wheel arch where they had filled it.

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Yes mate complain to the insurance company if you are not happy, this happened to me in my old car as I was not happy with the work that they had done, in fact I took it back three times and I was still not happy and in the end my insurance company said I could take it to a garage choice of my own and have the work done as I gave the original garage chosen by then insurance company enough chances to sort the job out.

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
I work in insurance, not car but buildings. The main priority for any insurance company is that the policy holder or 3rd party is happy. They make their money from renewal of policies after all.
Complain to them direct and they will tell the garage to get it sorted no question.
If you say you dont want it done at that garage then they are obliged to let you get quotes yourself.
Good luck

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.