Problem Putting Radio Back In

RichardRaver

Hi There,

I have taken out my original Seat radio from my mk1 Leon, and now I can't put it back in properly.

As you can see from the first picture in this thread, there are several wires that need plugging back into the radio. seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97135

In my car, the big black plug, the big orange plug, and the small round plug are all nice and long, and dangle out of the front of the empty radio bay, so are nice and easy to plug back into the actual radio itself.

However; that wire with the blue adapter piece on the end is way way to short and tight, and is right at the very back of the radio bay. There is no slack on the wire, and no matter how hard I pull it, the thing just won't come out any further, so I've got no chance of actually pluging it into the back of the radio unit.

Without this wire plugged in the radio still lights up with the other dash lights, but it just won't turn on.

What does this wire do / where does it come from/ is there anyway to get some slack on it so it will reach to plug into the radio unit?

Many Thanks.

Richard.

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
You could try removing glove box, with it out you can get behind radio to either make sure cable isnt snagged up or push it into radio as you push radio home! Easy to remove, take cover off passenger end of dash, remove torx screws, open lid look up, more torx, lastly just below tray right hand side low down, one more torx. You may have to disconnect airbag switch if you do make sure ign is off and stays off till you reconnect switch otherwise you'll get a warning light, that you'll need dealer or VAGCOM to turn off! Good luck have fun

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.