Tdi 150 Remap Or Not??????

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Is it woth a remap on my tdi 150 cupra leon chaps.Mate has one {fk1nrapid} and it smokes a bit.Does that happen to every remap?If so may as well leave well alone as mines darn quick anyway.Is the power difference really that noticeable.Bloke at work has a mate can remap mine for 350 quid.Do u reckon that price is about right if i decide to have it done.Also he reckons it will take it to around 180 to 190 bhp.Not a big difference[OR IS IT?]
Gratefull for any helpfull advice guys.
CHEERS.

tuckerjuk

Jul 7, 2007
Glasgow
Will smoke a bit more when ur really going for it but u will notice a big difference in performance. Definately worth the £350

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Might have to go to the expense of a new clutch if it can't cope with the extra torque. If you're happy with it, consider leaving well alone.

To on the safe side you might have to uprate the brakes as well. And tell your insurance company as well! It all adds up!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
If you have enough power to keep you happy then there is no point really in remapping it. A PD150 should see about 190ish bhp with a remap but you might find that you need a new clutch as the stock clutch isn`t very strong which will cost about £700 fitted.

fk1nrapid

Get it done buddy. Well worth the money. But I would do my home work on the company you get to do it. You dont want to spend the money and end up ruining your car. It would be advisable to come have a good long drve in my car (A roads, motorways and back roads) to get a real feel to the extra BHP and torque. Mine was done at a company in Nottingham and it drives really well, real smooth throughout the rev range.

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
Ignore Mikey's comment about £700 clutches... you can get the pressure plate replaced with an uprated item for approx. £250. I have 220BHP and such a clutch with no problems at all.

As far as the remap's concerned... do it, do it, do it! ;o) If it's a custom job, then you can always ask to have the max torque limited, so as to save the clutch.

T

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Ignore Mikey's comment about £700 clutches... you can get the pressure plate replaced with an uprated item for approx. £250. I have 220BHP and such a clutch with no problems at all.

As far as the remap's concerned... do it, do it, do it! ;o) If it's a custom job, then you can always ask to have the max torque limited, so as to save the clutch.

T

Yeah so you uprate just the pressure plate which costs £250 to buy and £200 minimum labour to fit so thats £450. Uprate the pressure plate and drive disc which cost £455 to buy and £200 to fit which is £655. If you fit an uprated pressure plate to an already burned,slipping,well used drive disc you could find it slipping again later on. Then your looking at another £200 labour plus cost of drive disc to sort the problem. Pressure plate on a PD150 is bigger and more exspensive then the PD100 you have. PD100 228mm PD150 240mm face size.

kevocrook

you are right about that mikey boy. i want to get my cupra tdi remapped but it will be a custom remap on my car so the torque come in later on rev so i can save the clutch

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.