timing chain question for 1.2?

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
im surprised to hear all these recommendations to fit timing chain kits. We have had loads of cars with this problem at our dealership but 99% of the time all thats needed is the tensioner 03E109507S (£18) and the guide 03E109469 (£3) You would be very unlucky to need sprockets or chains. After all, its the tensioner is the culprit . . . . . . .

well m8 i was going to ask would you help me out my seat ibiza timeing chain is away im in belfast .if you can tell me any thing about them that would be sweet

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
im surprised to hear all these recommendations to fit timing chain kits. We have had loads of cars with this problem at our dealership but 99% of the time all thats needed is the tensioner 03E109507S (£18) and the guide 03E109469 (£3) You would be very unlucky to need sprockets or chains. After all, its the tensioner is the culprit . . . . . . .

so is that like 1 of the teeth going m8 ??/

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
well m8 i was going to ask would you help me out my seat ibiza timeing chain is away im in belfast .if you can tell me any thing about them that would be sweet

im happy to help you with parts but really it needs stripped to see what is required. if there is any damage at all to the sprockets (cogs) or if they are hooked rather than dead pointy, then add them to the shopping list. once you know exactly what you need, give me a shout :)

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
im happy to help you with parts but really it needs stripped to see what is required. if there is any damage at all to the sprockets (cogs) or if they are hooked rather than dead pointy, then add them to the shopping list. once you know exactly what you need, give me a shout :)

thanks m8 tell is this do you work in seat in beocher road?? just down st from me . im hpoeing its not the hole timeing chain hopeing its the wee 18pound part lol

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
thanks m8 tell is this do you work in seat in beocher road?? just down st from me . im hpoeing its not the hole timeing chain hopeing its the wee 18pound part lol

There are 2 dealers on Boucher Rd - Agnews have the big signs because they are sales, parts and service. We are parts and service only so you would hardly even know we are SEAT dealers at this branch lol
We are opposite the leisure centre in with Daewoo/Chevrolet

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
There are 2 dealers on Boucher Rd - Agnews have the big signs because they are sales, parts and service. We are parts and service only so you would hardly even know we are SEAT dealers at this branch lol

know where yous r m8 ive got my bushs and that outa ur shop. so what would you think dos it sound like my timeingchain is away??? its trying to start but just wont start . what to u think m8

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast

what wood u be talking for ur work to fix a timeingchain??

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
know where yous r m8 ive got my bushs and that outa ur shop. so what would you think dos it sound like my timeingchain is away??? its trying to start but just wont start . what to u think m8

its genuinely impossible to say without having it stripped, which in itself is a fairly big job. if you think its the timing chain tensioner gone, then its a tensioner and guide to start with. the more you wind at it, the more chance of wrecking something else. sorry there is no magic answer - get it taken apart and a parts list made up is the only way

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
its genuinely impossible to say without having it stripped, which in itself is a fairly big job. if you think its the timing chain tensioner gone, then its a tensioner and guide to start with. the more you wind at it, the more chance of wrecking something else. sorry there is no magic answer - get it taken apart and a parts list made up is the only way

is there a timeingchain and a timeingbelt in a seat ibiza??

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
it shouldnt be in gear while towing anyway ;)

lol i know but im not the best at towing with a rope anyway im geting a towbar is like a towrope only a bar. do you think it sounds like my timeingchain or do u think it could be something diffrent ??

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
lol i know but im not the best at towing with a rope anyway im geting a towbar is like a towrope only a bar. do you think it sounds like my timeingchain or do u think it could be something diffrent ??

yeah a towpole is safest bet.
Look im really sorry but you keep asking me to make a diagnosis and i cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not mystic meg :lol:

carly

May 26, 2009
belfast
yeah a towpole is safest bet.
Look im really sorry but you keep asking me to make a diagnosis and i cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not mystic meg :lol:

lol i no ur not . im just hopeing its not the timeing fs heres hopeing lol. so any way m8 where u at? im in the west