Knocking noise from passenger front wheel.

gex18

Mar 30, 2007
This problem only started the other day, the noise seems to be a knocking noise and also the general noise from that are seems more 'pronounced'. It doesn't occur under hard braking or acceleration, nor does it occur anymore frequently when turning right (so load is on that corner) - it does however occur when that wheel is going over bumps / dips / troughs in the road.

Any suggestions? Any tips on how to diagnose?

Many thanks in advance

Anthony

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
drop links possibly? ,was on mine anyway.plenty of other things it could be though as mentioned on here al the time.

hope it is the drop links because their real cheap and easy to replace.

gex18

Mar 30, 2007
Cheers for the replies, not had chance to check it out yet.

What are the obvious signs of faulty droplinks / wishbone bushes?

gex18

Mar 30, 2007
This problem is still unresolved, although as before it doesn't seem to be any worse when cornering, and seems to occur more when that wheel drops as opposed to compresses, after taking the wheel off and having a look for anything obvious being loose I can't find or see anything that would cause the knocking, heres a few snaps, I don't know if you can see something I can't :

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

Any ideas?

Just to note, when reversing I hear a loud vibration / knocking noise too, unsure if its the same one but this has happened this the downpipe was grafted onto the catback system, and the backbox has dropped a fair bit too.

Regards

Anthony

Genoc

Mar 6, 2010
East Sussex
Drop links or Anti rollbar bushes? i'd go with drop links (if bushes are gone you can generally see a gap which lets light through them)

I just did my drop links, i had a constant knocking on rough road surfaces and humps, and only a tiny bit of play in my drop link on movement, but ive done both side and its totally fixed it.

hope you can fix it.
Gem

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise