Useful threads section?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I've just been looking at another car forum and they have a useful threads section where users can post links to threads within the forum that contain useful information and / or answer the FAQS.

I'm sure the first entry could be "what does the button by the drivers seat do?"

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
useful threads are already stickies si, if you go into say, detailing, there is already stickies etc. links to stickies would be no more effective in my usually deluded opinion!!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Buts thats dependant on finding the correct section and people actually using the correct section (not the Leon Mk1 :rolleyes: ).
It would keep all the commonly asked questions in one place and hopefully reduce the same old questions coming up dailing.

Just my thoughts though :D

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Surely people actually using the search feature would negate the need for what you're suggesting? If people don't use what's in place now, what's going to say they're going to use what you suggest?

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Plus who's to say what would be a "useful" thread, It could cover everything for all models so you would end up having to search through the forum anyway and as no one searches as it is we'd be going in circles!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Points taken.

It just looked a good idea on that forum and I believe it would be more "in your face" for newbies and people who don't seem able to operate the search function.
It seems to me that there are 10 or 20 common questions that get asked on a virtual daily basis and if the questions and answers were contained in one thread then hopefully people joining the forum may use it first to before posting.

I'll shutup now :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.