SCN Scottish Meet 2014

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What dates would people be keen to have the National Meet this year and where?

There is a German invasion day with Performance VW and REVO at Crail on 14th September although with SEAT being Spanish, might not be the perfect solution.

Do people fancy being part of this or perhaps set a separate date specifically for SEAT on a non mag day at Crail or do something totally different this year?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
A track day meet for me is an awesome idea and suggestion :)

As the risk of sounding negative about this as a suggestion (and anyone who knows me knows I would be up for doing it) any time we have tried to organise a track day meet in the past, 90% of people pull out of taking part and such a day tends to fall flat on its backside.

How many people who have said they would like to do a track day would actually be genuinely willing to put their car on the track out of interest?

If people are serious about going, as mentioned above, tagging along to an organised day is a lot more likely it will happen because hiring out the track will cost more than people will be willing to pay and then there is the challenge of getting money out of people who say they want to go - then there are all the inevitable pull outs because a Granny has died, hangovers, cars broken/sold or whatever.

Perhaps for those not interested in seeing cars going round in circles, another meet could also be organised too. Any further suggestions would be welcomed and maybe we can have a couple of meets in 2014 :)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I'd deffo be up for it especially if its with people off here that take care of how they drive and not a "f**k it" attitude like most randoms on track days do.

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
A track day meet for me is an awesome idea and suggestion :)

As the risk of sounding negative about this as a suggestion (and anyone who knows me knows I would be up for doing it) any time we have tried to organise a track day meet in the past, 90% of people pull out of taking part and such a day tends to fall flat on its backside.

How many people who have said they would like to do a track day would actually be genuinely willing to put their car on the track out of interest?

If people are serious about going, as mentioned above, tagging along to an organised day is a lot more likely it will happen because hiring out the track will cost more than people will be willing to pay and then there is the challenge of getting money out of people who say they want to go - then there are all the inevitable pull outs because a Granny has died, hangovers, cars broken/sold or whatever.

Perhaps for those not interested in seeing cars going round in circles, another meet could also be organised too. Any further suggestions would be welcomed and maybe we can have a couple of meets in 2014 :)

I have the perfect we 6n2 gti for a track day maybe not quick in a straight line but by f--k it goes round corners lol unlike the audi boat I will be at the german invasion at crail with the rs4 to

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.