New (mature) member

armd02

Nov 10, 2017
Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 'baby boomer' from Central Scotland collecting my first SEAT (new Leon ST 1.4 TSI) in 11 day's time. Getting rid of my 15 month old Golf GTD Estate ahead of the stampede to get out of diesel.
Arnold Clark found me the only Xcellence ST in their supply chain in black, no choice regarding the engine though.
Will really miss the GTD, but needs must. I hope the Leon will prove to be worthy, my wife is sceptical! I hope to be an active member in the coming months.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
First of all congratulations on the Leon.

I haven't bought a new one since 2004 (and still got it) so I hope that it is reasonable testament so far. Yes it is a Mk1 but I hope that Mk2's and Mk3's have followed suit.

I think baby boomers are few and far between here but there are the odd old duffers still about (myself included) although I bet you've still probably got twenty years on me :D

Coming from a Golf it shouldn't feel too dissimilar although the drive will be totally different coming from a TDi to a TSi.

Personally I love diesels still despite the media fuss and some of the Euro 6 units out there are the cleanest engines about:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/99910/london-s-mayor-has-been-handed-the-irrefutable-truth-that-some-diesels-are-squeaky

Admittedly there are getting more and more complicated - EGR's, DPFs, SCR's (Addblue) etc.

Okay as with everything there is always going to be two sides but with the media on the back of diesels, high profile tax dodgers, sexual harassment allegedly by public characters etc. the case for diesel at best is going to be an uphill struggle.

Mother in law has had an Octavia for a few years with the 1.4TSFi engine and it has been fine. She loves it.

Above all enjoy and I hope you don't have any problems

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site, here is another old duffer, I bought a SEAT because it was better equiped and styled that the GOLF and i have been converted.

My car (touch wood) has been the most reliable car i have had in recent years so you should be fine.

armd02

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks to both of you who replied. I am enjoying the forum and hope to enjoy the car.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi welcome to the site.
I’m never growing up but maybe have a few years on you.
I’ve owned Seats for over 10 years now and am impressed with their longevity. Also switched from Golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Welcome along. I'm excited to be picking up my 1.4 st tomorrow (1 year old used though but only 6k on the clock). Happy driving!

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Welcome. There's no such thing as 'mature' here..lol. Try being a gamer, my kids thrash me now & I consider myself a pro :cry:
I was a VW nut, but I love my Seats, would never go back.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
welcome buddy.i was the opposite.
I went from the golf gt 1.4 tsi to a seat leon tdi 184.the tsi engine is a little cracker and to be honest I felt the leon looks better and imho quality wise theres not much in it for me.
the leon don't have the little touches like the fabric door bins etc but the leon is a great plce to be.
you wont be disappointed.
I'm the same,i still love a diesel engine and unfortunately going back to a petrol engine is something I will have to consider next time I change cars but for the moment loving the car as a whole.!!!!!.(wouldn't mind the new 2.0 tsi 190 ps next time if it becomes available in the leon.)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise