Seat Workshop Manuals / Guides

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Don't think this has been posted before, so here goes...

If you're after a workshop manual or other documentation about your car, and there's no Haynes manual for it, and you've checked this site that Carlo found, then help is at hand - and it doesn't cost too much either.

Seat (and Volkswagen and Audi) sell their official Workshop Manuals online, and also some other documentation including some handy "Self Study" guides.

Clicky: ERWIN (Seat)

Click on "Search" to search through the documentation and view the contents pages of each section for free.
To access the full documentation, you first have to register (easy and free), then pay as you go to download the documentation sections you want.
Workshops Manuals are currently 18 Euros (~£12) per section, and Self Study guides are 4.70 Euros (~£3.20) each. (Current flow diagrams are available but are dearer unfortunately).

What you can't do (until someone finds a way ;) ) is to buy a document and then gives copies to all your SCN mates - because they are in "Sealed" pdf format. To view them, you have to download the (free) unsealer plugin for Internet Explorer, this allows you to view the document on your own PC inside Acrobat - after you've connected to their server and authenticated yourself. You can't save as normal pdf, and you can't seem to "print to file" or print to another application (such as another PDF creator). Any other suggestions welcome ;)

You can of course print them out, and well...photocopiers aren't hard to find :)

As a trial, I registered and paid for a copy of the "Mark 20 ABS - ESP Self-Study Program" for 4.70 Euros - about £3.20. I then downloaded it and printed it off.
It's really good - 40 pages long, full of good colour diagrams, describes in depth the principles of ESP, describes the function & location of all the sensors, gives hydraulic & wiring diagrams, and also describes what measuring blocks / settings can be accessed with diagnostic equipment (or vag-com in our cases!).

So a site well worth a visit.

Note for Mk4 Ibiza owners - they're actually listed as "Ibiza III" for some reason, and then the subsections are randomly split between "2002>" and "2002-2005"...bizarre. Just nose around and you'll find what you're after.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
well guys,,, ever noticed that strange button named prt screen on your keyboard between F12 and Scroll block? Try pushing that and then CTRL+V in your photoshop,,, :whistle:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Chemical Al said:
Print them then scan them back in and create a PDF of them
Yes, that's if I could be arsed to manually scan XY pages one-by-one !!

Deleted member 7659

our photocopier at work will scan (single or double sided) and e-mail in pdf format so it wouldn't be a big problem - especially as the original prints will be good quality so won't look scanned anyway. Will do huge documents too.

Adrian

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I know, why don't we all dream up different ways to defraud this company? then post them on a public forum!............... :blink:

Of course nobody would actually do any of the above would they?, or would they?.......and obviously the idea of sharing that information is pure fantasy too on my part ;).........I mean just think if that document got traced back to you after 70 people had passed it round each other on email :blink:

Still I can't imagine anyone would really be that silly :rolleyes:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
oedwards said:
If you print the locked copy you have downloaded and then print it to a PDF Printer (which you can download and install from here ; http://www.pdffactory.com/) it will creat another PDF document and will lose all the security settings!

Brill
Nice idea, already tried it, but it don't work I'm afraid (it's too clever!)

Ruddmeister -> LOL, yes it's all just theoretical of course :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm gonna have a look later - on my mac - which has none of this encoding sealing rubbish allowed :)

TANKDOCTOR

Don't know if this is any good to people:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8001426171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT :confused:

rumburak

Actually since PDF format DOESN'T allow for strong encryption it is possible to crack PDF files no matter what protection they use... What all PDF protection plugins do is allow u to get a decrption key, but since u can decode it without a key, all protection can be passed... Although this technology is illegal in some states so I will not talk too much about this one :) Do a little search on google for "PDF USA Dmitry Sklyarov" and you'll find plenty of information about the author of the program, trial edition and process USA v. software programmer that revealed the problems in PDF protection.

Rumburak.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Ruddmeister said:
I know, why don't we all dream up different ways to defraud this company? then post them on a public forum!............... :blink:

This isn't to defraud them but so that you can open the document on your laptop in the guarage without internet access.

Jille

sounds like a cool challenge...
if anyone can put an example manual online, I can try to open it up if you want... shouldn't be that hard, as PDF doesn't use spectacular encryption methods

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.