SEAT Magazine?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I was just wondering if there is a SEAT Magazine out anywhere

I would have thought i would have heard about it if there was but just wanted to make sure

There is so many for other brands and thought it would be nice to have a proper magazine, they sometimes do SEAT features in Performance VW?

agreed, there are other manufacturer's with magazines, ford vw, mini, bmw etc
But a Seat mag would only be a paper version of what's on here.
Photos, RR results, Jokes, features and news updates.

personally, i haven't bought a magazine for nearly 5 years (since i sold the scoob)

Good idea, but would anyone actually buy it??

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Vicky M said:
agreed, there are other manufacturer's with magazines, ford vw, mini, bmw etc
But a Seat mag would only be a paper version of what's on here.
Photos, RR results, Jokes, features and news updates.

personally, i haven't bought a magazine for nearly 5 years (since i sold the scoob)

Good idea, but would anyone actually buy it??

Yeah i see what your saying but look how many forums there are for VWs etc and there is loads of magazines too

Performance VW has a forum and magazine and i think there is a lot of people that go on both

Do you know what i mean?

Im sure your right though, surely there would be one by now if there was going to be?

I think it could be poll time?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Having worked in magazine publishing for several years, its an industry finanaced almost exclusively by advertising, and circulation is the key to success in an already busy saturated market place.

The vdub scene has been a long running fan base, stemming from the popular beetle, and camper vans, and onto the early Golf Gti and beyond, SEAT is very young in comparison and still carries the undeserved stigma of being a supposed poor cousin amongst even its parent groups.

Its only through websites and forums like this, that over recent years the brand has gained much more coverage, hence why some of the VW based magazines, PVW, The Golf have now incorporated some SEAT and Skoda interest into their pages.

A magazine has several key factors controlling its financial viability.

Will it have a readership? well even if all of SCN for example were individual readers it would still be a small circulation, i've been out of the loop for a few years in terms of what is classed as a good circulation figure these days, but when i worked in publishing, 30,000 readers a month was considered lower end of the scale.

Advertising? Will it appeal to advertisers, as strange as it may seem, considering you part with upto a fiver for a mag, the advertisers actually are what make the publisher profits, if they are not selling page space, they are making very little money.

Distribution? A big magazine distributor like WH Smith, or the big supermarkets, won't entertain a magazine on the shelf, if its not selling, they'd rather put something else in its place that does sell, and they also have premiums for shelf location/priorities in store.

Will it have regular content? Well we know we have several highbrow cars on SCN that are worth features for sure, but in comparison to the VW scene, it may still only be a very small percentage, that are exceedingly modified, ie a bit more than just a chip and exhaust.

Also is there lots of regular products to review?, we know that many more new products have been developed and sourced alongside companies for SEATs on SCN than anywhere else we could mention.

SEAT's own market share has been rising in the UK over the last few years, and that contributes vastly to create interest for an independant vehicle marque magazine, however in comparison to VW, Ford, and Vauxhall, their total UK marketshare is tiny, this would in itself put the big automotive publishers off, taking a risk on launching a SEAT only magazine.

Maybe SEAT themselves at some point may look into publishing their own brand based magazine, like Honda do, Vauxhall etc..

My own opinion is that magazines in certain markets are fast becoming redundant, as the latest news travels faster on the web.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
also you would need to look at the demographics of the seat ownership. Most are old and again this would effect sales.

Even if you tied it in with say skoda, it would be even worse as their average owner is even older.

I still think there is room for a VAG magazine out there encompassing all of group,

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Personally the only real benefit i can see to car enthusiast magazines these days is to have your car featured. When really if people put their minds to it, using a website they can actually feature the car much more highly and to a larger audience, and be able to constantly update its progress.

Much like RobDon has done with his site.

Tie that into a site like SCN that already scores big hits on Google searches for instance, and you can't get publicity like that, even in a magazine. As long as the layout is nice etc, and the info factual.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
ZBOYD said:
My own opinion is that magazines in certain markets are fast becoming redundant, as the latest news travels faster on the web.
I would definately agree with that........

Plus what with us all being called upon to reduce the amount of waste we produce why have a magazine which goes out of date real quick and takes up loads of space and ultimately just becomes junk, when you can have as much info as you require via the tinternet.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
m0rk said:
Sadly it's not the done thing to take a laptop to the loo.
lol yet...... but give it time and we will all be having data on PDA type devices, and I am sure they will be waterproof.

(having said that i know of someone who takes a laptop into the bath..... )

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Nyteshade said:
lol yet...... but give it time and we will all be having data on PDA type devices, and I am sure they will be waterproof.

(having said that i know of someone who takes a laptop into the bath..... )
i use a PDA at work all day and IT IS waterproof.. has to be..:blink:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
qzg3kw.gif
....;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I completly agree with you ZBOYD, was just curious really

Like Ant FR said though i think it would be good to have a VAG magazine but im totally happy just having a site like this to be a member of really

Wait i need to get my tissues :lol:

Kaanarig

ZBOYD said:
Personally the only real benefit i can see to car enthusiast magazines these days is to have your car featured. When really if people put their minds to it, using a website they can actually feature the car much more highly and to a larger audience, and be able to constantly update its progress.

Much like RobDon has done with his site.

Tie that into a site like SCN that already scores big hits on Google searches for instance, and you can't get publicity like that, even in a magazine. As long as the layout is nice etc, and the info factual.

Not all of us want to get their cars on the mag doh (it would b nice :rolleyes: ) I think its more the actual reading bit that is interesting to me personally at the times where you dont have a computer next to you. (toilet, in the car waiting for your girlfriend to finish her shopping) and many more. Its more the fact of having some where to be able to full-fill your time with knowledge or even for new ideas.

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
What i noticed about magazines is the amount of adverts to actual car features its just wrong. this forum is the place to be. instant advice on everything you need to know plus everyone goes out of there way to help you :funk: and its free . would be nice to see like a feature of some of the cars on here some seem to have loads of stuff done to them. Think mork might have started a thread where you can send pics in not 100% sure though :think:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Yeah thats true, there is so many adverts in them, you kind of end up just flicking through all the pages to get to some information and then it probably isnt the information you want at that time anyway

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.