day at the dealers

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
Went to dealers this afternoon to pick up my new maff, took the old one off in the carpark because it was exchange, which personaly i think is rong if they cant design it to last should be free. anyway goes in an im presented with a cup holder :shrug: after an hour of serching the numpty finds my maff. get back to the car put it on. Drive up the road an something dosent feel right get to bout 5500rpm an feels like the limter has cut in like an overboost popping. When my (aparntly ****ed) maff never had any probs like this. So i took the car back went back into parts an explained. This is when the numpty told me i couldnt have my oldone back incase another fault on the car had blown the new one, so i demanded to see a mechanic. out comes the lad who must have been 16 at the most an plugs in his blue box (same as vagcom reads fault) he then goes on to tell me my lamba sensor is ****ed an if the maff is it wont put on the EML :whistle: an advises me to book it in with them asap. as it was pissing me off i agrreed so went in to book a time, luckly they could have fitted me in then, asked for a rough guide to how much it would be so i could shoot to the bank, was told £80 to find the prob without even fixing it. As im sure most of you would have done told them to stick it. An to my delight i got back in the car this time when i drove of it went sweet as a nut no hesitation an loads better than it has ever done be for. so just shows they are named stealers for a very good reason
:lol:

krizz51

Feb 4, 2006
forest of dean (glos)
yea but it didnt before. oh well all is fine now. fluck the dealers off to see bill tommorow. he also told me that by plugging vagcom into your car it logs its own fault. yea bollex think he thinks we all came over on a banana boat lol

andycupra

status subject to change
lol think he cleared the faults on the system or the car got reset.

if you change a maff you really need to get the ecu reset as it may have adapted to the failing maff!

but guess you know that now....

:0)

oh and £80 to find the fault when he has just told you what he thought it was!
idiots

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.