ABS hazard lights, VAGCOM

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Was going to post this in the vagcom section but didn't think it would be viewed by as many people!

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible using vagcom to set the vehicle up so that the hazards come on when your abs unit kicks in. For example you need to come to a sudden stop on the motorway - hazards come on to alert drivers behind of stationary traffic.

Think this is standard on a few cars including some of the later vw golfs which makes me think that it could be activated in vagcom?!

I've got a registered version of vagcom and I've already made a few changes but I'm not willing to go changing things randomly. Any help appreciated!

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I think the highway code says hazard lights must only be used when the vehicle is stationery. And as the ABS kicks in even if you brake moderatly over rough terrain, the hazards would come on too often wouldn't they?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think the highway code says hazard lights must only be used when the vehicle is stationery. And as the ABS kicks in even if you brake moderatly over rough terrain, the hazards would come on too often wouldn't they?

IIRC they have changed that rule now

The vauxhalls flash the middle brakelight for abs and all 3 for emergency brake assist, I know cos I've tested it :lol:

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
No probs. Thinkin about it my ABS is a bit proactive and it would be a pain having the hazards flash all the time! Thanks for the replies tho!;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise