Engine cover

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi all,
Does anyone know the best place to find a plastic engine cover for my 2007 Altea 2.0 tdi?
I'm looking to find a minter if that's possible (nothing grotty).
Failing that i suppose i'll have to contact Seat uk or my local dealership but i'm thinking they'll want mega money for a brand spanker.
My car didn't have one when i bought it but it looks like the brackets are present.

Thanks in advance.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi all,
Does anyone know the best place to find a plastic engine cover for my 2007 Altea 2.0 tdi?
I'm looking to find a minter if that's possible (nothing grotty).
Failing that i suppose i'll have to contact Seat uk or my local dealership but i'm thinking they'll want mega money for a brand spanker.
My car didn't have one when i bought it but it looks like the brackets are present.

Thanks in advance.

www.partsgateway.com is your best bet or look for a breaker on Ebay. Otherwise, it's off to the dealer you go, armed with a fat wallet.

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
It's the same cover used in VW/Skoda/Audi and you can buy the Seat badge for about a tenner from a dealer/TPS.

There'll be loads on ebay, is it a PD140?

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
That one on ebay looks cool @ £88.51, wonder if that's the same price at a dealer?
If so might be better picking it up in person...........just in case.

Alibaly

Feb 1, 2014
Scotland
I did the same when I bought mine in February and discovered when I went to the dealer to buy the rest of the fittings that the car did not come with a cover from new. The dealer has lots of people asking for the same thing. I bought a Scoda one on line and a cheap set of badges for £3 or so and it looks good.
Total cost around £50.00. Good luck

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members