J.B. His Seat Leon "Cupra R" - K04-064 TFSI Conversion

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks.

Done some new things with the car. First a S3 Fuelpump. I had a walbro pump but the relay started to fail so I disconnected the pump.

160vuit.jpg

2dj9ms7.jpg

With the walbro pump disconnected all was good. For 3 weeks... Than the relay failed again and car wont start. After some searching I found some water near the relay holder underneath the steeringwheel. Fixed the problem and the car is running again. Maybe instal the walbro pump again. Its still in place.

After some problems with the yearly car control, I decided to buy some brake hose clips. Got the brembo brakes on but never know there were special breackets for.

mj9sgl.jpg

Also ordered some steel brake lines. They come before the control so fitted those too. Brake feel is a lot better. But the most diverance I noticed on the Autobahn. Some heavy breaking and no fading at all. Went for a topspeed run. In front of me a Corvette C5. Stayed at his tail till 260 km/h. Not bad. :D

8wawec.jpg

After that I bought some 50W Cree Leds. Wasn't happy with the leds I fitted. They gave not much light. These are much better.

15ga5k.jpg

mal2j6.jpg

And the last upgrade. A KW Variant 1 coilovers set.

30b1qg1.jpg

Fitted the front. Test stand.

kafv4o.jpg

But the car was to high. So it's now all the way down. No more thread left. 76mm till the ground.

2059mol.jpg

w4vgi.jpg

And the rear fitted. First I deleted the adjusting ring. But it was to low without the ring.

2ns7yvn.jpg

So I put the ring back on and it was spot on. 62,5cm from wheelarch till the ground, back and front.

vpwwfc.jpg

And the very last update. A new xenon kit.

a5chs1.jpg

Got a new plan for the headlights. My own build projector lamp. Something like this.

1013689_570035733048231_127956990_n.jpg

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
Looks awesome mate. I see you've fitted a wellycooler but kept the agu/auq inlet, what piping did you buy?

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
It's not a set. Bought some individual piping and silicon hoses.

Ah ok cool, did you keep a list of what pipes and joins etc you had to buy at all? Most of those I can see for sale on eBay use the other inlet manifold it seems

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
I shall look up the list for you. The only thing hand made is the long L pipe on the right side of the engine.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Cold side: You will need:

1x 76-63mm 90 degree reducer in silicon
1x 63mm 90 degree silicon bends
1x 63mm 90 degree alloy bend
1x 63mm straight 100mm alloy coupler.
plus clamps to suit.

Then for the hotside, you will need: 1x 76-63mm 90 degree reducer in silicon
1x 63mm 90 degree silicon bend
1x 63mm 90 degree alloy bend
1x 63mm x 300mm straight alloy pipe
1x 63mm 45 degree alloy bend
1x 63mm 45 degree silicon bend
1x 51-63mm 90 degree silicon reducer
That is all the pipework you will need.

link http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a3-8l-1-8t-quattro-intercooler-help.160521/

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
New project: Full Carwrap. Do it all myself.

First decision: What collor. I see all those great red Cupra around here. (one with Superleggera's). But then you have a silver inside of the bonnet. Didn't like that

So it's gonna be matt silver metallic with gloss black roof and mirrors. Something like this. OZ rims will be paint in black also.

Cadillac-CTS-V-Unique-Auto-Films-Powdercoat-Wheels-Vinyl-Wrap.jpg

Today I did the roof.

24ov97s.jpg

30hypw0.jpg

3 piece job.

2zta8g8.jpg

Last part sticked in place.

25fq3k4.jpg

And all done. White stripes are from water so you dont damage the film.

167qcr4.jpg

Outside

2r2q9lu.jpg

Maybe tomorrow I will do the rear spoiler. Monday I order the Matt Silver Metallic wrap film.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
This weekend I wrapped the doormirrors gloss black. And today the rear spoiler.

14wxdeo.jpg

m8cign.jpg

33ndzk2.jpg

sypjra.jpg

icsiv6.jpg

Last edited:

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Yesterday I painted my OZ Superleggera's gloss black to match the other bits that are gloss black on the car.

10n81oy.jpg

i1mgbq.jpg

Now the big search for some red oz centre caps. Hard to find tho. Or expensive.

Hopefully the matt silver metallic wrap film will arrive this week so I can start wrapping next week.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
I have some anthracite carbon fibre centre cap with red writing. I'll get you some pictures if you want? Just give me a shout if you're interested. Car looks spot on buddy. Love the wheels.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Thanks guy's.

Printed some stickers for the centre caps. Saw a lot of caps with carbon and red writing. But I wanted the red caps with black writing. This is the result. Left the old ones en right the printed ones.

2utg4uo.jpg

I think the wheels look mutch better with some silver brake disks and brembo caliper behind it. Then its not one big black hole.

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Done the right front panel. With a little 3d detail.

6tgs4x.jpg

55i8v8.jpg

vncgmg.jpg

And yesterday I put the new painted wheels on.

10e4orb.jpg

ixzjvo.jpg

Stewystew92

Feb 22, 2015
Looking incredible mate!! Hell of a transformation!

Please tell us your a mechanic and this is why you're a dab hand with all these different skills??!!

Will be pinching a few ideas of this ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise