cleaning inside of car, how often?

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
how often do you give the inside of your car a proper clean? by 'proper' i'll use what i did today as the benchmark:

- clean all glass.
- remove / clean mats.
- dust dash, centre console, all door plastic.
- vacuum all seats and carpets.
- wash / dry sections of door & door openings not normally seen when doors closed.
- wash / dry section of boot not normally seen what boot closed.
- wash / dry sections of body normally hidden by bonnet.
- replace mats.
- job done!

i had no need to use any products on plastics, anti-static duster did the job fine (and quickly!) think all in it took me a couple of hours.

so, quick cleans aside, how often do you give the inside of your car a proper going over so it's as close to new as you're going to get it?

me? 2 or 3 times a year. no kids etc so inside stays reasonably clean from month to month, although i admit i should at least do windscreen more often!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
I try and give the inside a good clean every 2 weeks or so (not the boot or engine bay). Give the floor and seats a hoover, dust and apply dash shine and clean windscreen. Also clean the door sills. I try and keep it clean as I spend a long time in the car (about 500 miles/week). Also tend to wash and wax the outside while im there.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
when it looks like a skip! :D generally speaking i try and keep it tidy but footwells are jus asking to have crap dumped in them,although i hate it messy! :shrug: i blame junior anyway...mine was done about a month ago and is due for a good going over now which will be done at various stages this week...

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
never. well not all in the one go. usually wipe the inside of windscreen once a week. the cars been hoovered twice in 2 yrs. if i wash the out side, if im in the mood i'll give the door frames a wipe same goes for boot 'frame'

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
It has a good hoover and dust weekly, mats out, clean windows, plastics boot every 2 or 3 weeks, and a dam good everything cleaned every 3 months.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
i clean the outside of car every week if poss, but whenever i do, i always do window shine inside and out, dash, door sills, bonnet and boot sills, door frames and any plastics.

Do a hoover every couple of months.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
Inside door openings everytime i was the car and use megs quick detailer to give a good shine. Inside the boot and bonnet once a month.
Everything else inside the car once every couple of weeks.
My view is that the more often i do it, the easier it is the next time round.

johnson19

I try to get it washed at least once a week. I clean the inside every couple weeks. I generally don't leave anything inside my car, so it looks pretty brand new. I've gotten way too many things stolen!

:drive1:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members