Unhelpful postings on cupra.net

mikeholroyd

OK, points taken on board.

I was merely pointing out that the number and frequency of the unhelpful replies posted on here seems to be on the up.

I agree that the vast number of members are very knowledgable and helpful, and I've got some very good information from them. Likewise, if I think I can add anything that would help, I'll post that on here too.

There is no way I'm classing ALL younger members as sarcastic, unhelpful chavs (not my wording!). My reference to the younger members was that SOME of the members in the Ibiza and Leon sections SEEM to post the unhelpful comments as a matter of course, without sharing much of the useful information that I'm sure they could. It's just a pity that threads concerning specific problems and then solutions are spoiled by these unnecessary posts.
In other words, no post at all would be better than someone posting something sarcy with no other information at all.

As far as my thread on the door lock repair, I wasn't aware that ebay links are not allowed -- probably because I regularly come across other ebay links in other posts. My reply wasn't meant to be sarcastic, but I couldn't see ANY other threads regarding this topic, and thought I was being helpful in posting information that could save members a lot of money in not having to replace the lock.

"Do a search for Leon lock repair on the well-known auction site" is not sarcastic -- after having the thread deleted, despite the information I gave in it -- this was the only way I could "legally" point out to other members that a much cheaper alternative was available.
Idea of the forum -- post info that is useful and cost effective to other members, and also point out where the solution is available. Being a member of a few other motoring forums as well, this is the way I've always thought things worked.

And as a final note, I myself am sorry if the tone of the post has offended anyone -- I wasn't getting at anyone personally, I was referring to the GENERAL trend of things.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: