New MK3 Leon CUPRA R Confirmed

Deleted member 103408

Does this mean I can get my amazon parcels delivered to my car now :)

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
Those tailpipes are hilarious. Why not just make them 4'' diameter? The standard exhaust looks better.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Autoexpress reporting that Leon Cupra ST - edit Cupra ST R - 335? HP coming, 20in alloys, different exhaust.
SEAT saying that DSG and 4drive can cope with higher power. I know people have mapped beyond that;)

Just caught brief glance in Sainsbury's 'Library'

Also pics of mk4 Leon in latest edition....

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Autoexpress reporting that Leon Cupra ST - edit Cupra ST R - 335? HP coming, 20in alloys, different exhaust.
SEAT saying that DSG and 4drive can cope with higher power. I know people have mapped beyond that;)

Just caught brief glance in Sainsbury's 'Library'

Also pics of mk4 Leon in latest edition....
I was just reading the article, it does put a new spin on things!

Apologies for the crappy pic quality!
ab036c8af112419f3a8cf8afc734733e.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Not sure its a new spin, we already know there are lots of stage one cars at 375, stage two with just under 400 and stage three at 500 bhp. Yes the DSG is upgraded but as I understand it its all about when stuff happens not any physical that change the gearbox. So with that in mind we already know that the car can handle lots more power than stock

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Not sure its a new spin, we already know there are lots of stage one cars at 375, stage two with just under 400 and stage three at 500 bhp. Yes the DSG is upgraded but as I understand it its all about when stuff happens not any physical that change the gearbox. So with that in mind we already know that the car can handle lots more power than stock

I think the difference is that SEAT might offer that upgrade rather than an aftermarket mod. I would expect that if SEAT do or authorise the work, it will be covered by warranty :think:

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland

Doesn't look like spin at all. The head guy it seems Wayne Griffiths is running around in one of these cars already and most likely will be available to customers as early as 2018!
Sign me up!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Doesn't look like spin at all. The head guy it seems Wayne Griffiths is running around in one of these cars already and most likely will be available to customers as early as 2018!
Sign me up!
It'll be frustrating for the lucky few that have ordered a 'limited edition' 306hp Cupra R FWD. I'm sure that SEAT will release a 350hp run out model.

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
It'll be frustrating for the lucky few that have ordered a 'limited edition' 306hp Cupra R FWD. I'm sure that SEAT will release a 350hp run out model.

It seems it's definitely on the cards alright but I doubt it will be fwd.I would think the hatchback has been signed off already before the next generation arrives in 2019(limited edition R) The st will most definitely follow . 350bhp and Awd would be nice! Mapping is an option on an older car but insurance companies in Ireland don't look on it too nicely. You can't beat a manufacturers warranty though for peace of mind.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise