Bye bye Ibiza

gray1978

Nov 12, 2015
Tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to my 2010 1.6TDi Ibiza. I will be quite sad to see it go. The Ibiza was a 'downsize' from my MkVI Golf, the £100+ a month I saved in HP, insurance and fuel was necessary at the time as we wanted to move house. In that regard it has been the best 'value' car I have ever owned, cheaper than both my MkIV and MkVI Golfs but nice enough to drive and sit in that I didn't hate it. The Tdi engine provides enough torque to maintain the driver's interest and the cabin materials and equipment were good enough.

It hasn't been without its problems, a new EGR valve (expensive), DPF sensor, random electrical shorts and of course the VW diesel recall. However, even with all this taken into account it was still cheaper to own and keep on the road than many of its classier rivals.

The replacement? Well, I considered a Leon, but my head was turned by the plusher interior and sportier looks of a Mercedes A Class. Got £2000 trade in for the Ibiza which now has 82,000 miles on the clock (and a bloody big dent in the rear quarter!).

Thanks all for your input to my various queries over the years.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.