Anyone else having SPEED problems getting onto SCN recently?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Anyone?

When i type the url, or go to a favourites, or go via google, it takes ages for SCN to come up, and sometimes says "page cannot be displayed".

This is on 5 PC's I have access to - work PC's, home PC's, mates PC etc.

Other VB forums running fine - only SCN. And not all the time?

Anyone? or is it just my account being downgraded to "banned" bit by bit?
Lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
all fine here too - even considering i got 2 teenagers raping my router with damn world of warcraft and counterstrike

they do need the practise though as i can still whoop their asses :)

Triple D

Mines fine, but had another member just say on msn that he cant acess it

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
sounds like a problem we used to have, turned out to be a few vbulletin scripts that we turned off and the problems stopped :)

that's kinda just common sense though. if you load up the server doing 'stuff' all the while it has to work hard

there was a load spike at ~9-10pm last night, but it shouldn't have caused any major issues with the server speed.

If it's timing out - I'd guess that's DNS issues (I don't trust my ISP's!) I tend to use Pipex DNS's

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
They were last time I checked... sometimes my local DNS won't locate google/bbc etc - so I copy the DNS across & bob's your uncle

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nope, we have very few hacks on SCN - but that's not one of them [though I have thought about it!]

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
My office has a high-speed net. con. and it was taking a while to load pages and post replies around 5:00pm yesterday. I had a similar issue going on when I tried use SCN.net forums from home.

:S

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise