Analytics data for SCN - past 12 months

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The stato's amongst you might be interested in our recent figures.

We lost some of our Google Analytics data about 2 years ago, and it didn't work for a little while until we got around to setting it up again.

Any how we fixed it last year and its now been working gathering data off the site for more than 12 months so we have a full year with which to publish some boring stats for you. :)

Covers the date range - Oct 1st 2008 - Oct 1st 2009

1,616,230 Visits

326,480 Absolute Unique Visitors

8,390,790 Page Views (not hits this is page views )

Most Popular Content - Top 10
ie the most visited read sections over the year

1. Mk2 Leon sub forum - 729,611 page views
2. Mk1 Leon sub forum - 717,230 page views
3. www.seatcupra.net ie the main news page - 557,314 page views
4. Accesories for Sale (steady on SCNbay) :whistle: - 549,684 page views
5. Mk4 Ibiza sub forum - 401,557 page views
6. Mk3 Ibiza sub forum - 379,280 page views
7. Readers Rides sub forum - 376,982 page views
8. General Off Topic Chat sub forum - 367,330 page views
9. SEATs for Sale sub forum - 267,744 page views
10. For Sale Section - 131,286 page views

Not too bad for a little SEAT forum. :)

Thanks to everyone for getting involved.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No intent for world domination, its not a money spinner for any of us. Just happy for it to be successful and free.

I'm sure the sponsors appreciate the visitor figures. Would be interesting to know how much cash-flow it generates, I'm sure it does ok for them. :)

We might get a bit of flack occasionally from some, but its figures like this that tell us we must be doing something right? We have more ideas to improve the site, and its always been evolving since it started in 2001, just fitting it in around our real lives that takes the time.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Not too bad for a little SEAT forum. :)

Thanks to everyone for getting involved.

Its a pleasure being here...;)

Quite suprised with the figures really would of thought general off topic would of been higher up...

Seems the leon mk2 boys and girls cant keep away though :lol:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its a pleasure being here...;)

Quite suprised with the figures really would of thought general off topic would of been higher up...

Seems the leon mk2 boys and girls cant keep away though :lol:

I think it just shows that the site isn't foremost a chat forum, its for-filling its purpose to increase knowledge and as a means to share information.

There are plenty of chat forums and social networking sites nowadays, why do we need a SEAT forum to chat about the price of fish. :cartman:

Though the general topic is still important because it brings the social aspect in to focus too.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Mk2 overtaking the Mk1 Leon - proof that progress is marching on even if the looks are a little behind ;)

Impressive figures - would be interested to see what the average forum age / firat and last post dates are, see who's still hanging around ( not by name of course) is that possible?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
After a quick tot up, just over 3500 registered forum members have logged in the forum in the past month. This doesn't include guests because we've no real way of measuring that accurately other than the visitor numbers logged by Analytics.

Over 2300 registered members have logged on in the past 7 days

And so far today over 500 registered members have logged in. It will likely increase now, as lunchtime sees the figures increase, as it does in the weekday evenings too.

Overall on Analytics for the last month. 20th Sept - 21st Oct

136,906 Visits
689,969 Page Views
36,203 Absolute Unique Visitors

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is good to see even with the general chit chat it's still the 'car' related forums most popular and the mk2 on top but i guess they have been around a while now

be the 10yr anniversary before you know it :):)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
is good to see even with the general chit chat it's still the 'car' related forums most popular and the mk2 on top but i guess they have been around a while now

Not forgetting that there's quite a bit of 'chit chat' going on in the car forums but at least it's ontopic. I know there were fears that gossip and tripe were going to take over when a certain other forum hit the dust, nice to see that hasn't happened :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

It will be 10 years this time next year since some of us first got together as the SEAT Drivers Club

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Only tripped into that as it finished but can remember the line by line by line RE: RE: RE: RE: text postings

:lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well done me :)

But in all seriousness the stats are what makes it for me.

Especially given the personal (but laughable) attacks that are made on an almost daily basis to myself & Z - and how we clearly have the absolutely right formula on how to grow & maintain this site.

SDC.... gotta be about July 2000? Parrrrtey?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
:clap: Well done and thanks folks for running and maintaining a cracking site. Its one that has certainly provided me with hours of entertainment and lots of valuable advice. The wife just doesn't understand...

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
how many of us remember the former forum preceeding scn?
so long ago i cant even remember its name (mainly me age kicking tho i fear-more deceased brain cells)

and how many current users would know the name of the founder?

his royal shagness... wherever and whatever he's doing these days

Well done SCN. Top forum by far imho
:clap:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Absolutely! :worship:

A huge well done to m0rk and Zboyd for making SCN what it is, phenomenally successful.

SCN has also spawned a massive community where people have built real friendships.

- and no one puts false ages down! :whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.