SCN are visiting SEAT UK to see the new LCR

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just thought we would let you know that myself, m0rk and Syphon are off to a meeting at SEAT UK HQ in the morning.

The main reason is that we have been invited by SEAT to take a closer look at their Mk2 Leon Cupra R, which as you know isn't yet on sale. We aim to share our findings with the forum and hopefully post some pics and a review in due course.

We should also get the chance to discuss a few other things in relation to the site and forums while we are there, what SEAT have in mind for Club SEAT and beyond.

If you have any 'sensible' constructive questions that you would like us to put to them, then please let us know in here or send me an email if you prefer.

I shall be tweeting as and when possible, so keep and eye on my Twitter feed, link in my sig below. We'll also try and post anything of interest on SCN's Facebook page and maybe in here if we get the chance.

[B)]

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ask about warrenty qualifiying seat endorsed Mods like revo, milltek exhausts etc. Kinda like montune is to ford.

We'll enquire, we kind of knew this one would be asked though. I think that its a wider group question though and is unlikely to be a SEAT only issue.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
How about a range of go-faster goodies like what they used to do with the Mk2 ibiza cupras (AP brake kits ...) and like what VW Racing are selling for golfs

Take loads of pics - cannot wait to see one of these in the flesh

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'll be around that area in the morning, will look out for you all - are you going to be in your usual SEATS or have you slummed it on public transport ;)

I'm slumming it on the train :cartman: mainly because its quicker and a lot less agro for me from Manchester. Only 1hr 20mins on the train as apposed to a couple of hours in the Cupra with its droning exhaust. :ban: Great performance but not so much fun on long journeys.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
I like the way it looks - not too bonkers - bonkers wears thin after a while for a daily driver

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ask them why they didn't make the styling more aggressive, even the K1 Cupra looks better. Focus RS has spoilers, bonnet vents, etc.

We believe they are going to answer that question tomorrow. ;)

Our LCR isn't the same as everyone else's LCR. But were as much in the dark as everyone else.

Never been a huge fan of the K1 kit to be honest I still believe sleepers make the most impact, but thats just my personal opinion I know there are many without taste who do not agree. ;)

To be fair the bets are currently running high that it might resemble a K1 :D But we hope to be surprised.

SEAT are keen for us to share our thoughts, and as current Mk2 owner myself as is Syphon, then I feel were well placed to give it a good comparison. The price is something that concerns me, but the competition is similarly priced, economics of scale and all that.

At the end of the day I hope we can communicate some valuable feedback and its not all complaining that its not as good as this and that. Its not going to change, the car was designed more than 5 years ago by a bloke that now designs Audi's.

SEAT can't fix every issue over-night but its a start that they are inviting real enthusiasts and in the same sense the wider forum to give our feedback.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
I dont think it needs the additional weight of 4wd, but a pukka LSD like a quaife ATB diff would make the car magnificant

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I'm really hoping it doesn't resemble the K1, but you're probably right in your thoughts.

I think the price is fair, as cars have got a lot more expensive the past year, but it'll be interesting what our LCR will have over those on the continent (where they retail for more than ours...!?).

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Sleepers make no impact visually when the car looks the same as every other model in the lineup - if it's a top of the range high performance model it has to look like it to differentiate itself and justify the price tag IMO.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
The old LCR had presence without being brash. The K1 doesn't exactly manage that. :think:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise