Adult lounge

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
right im getting abit board lately and it think it would be good if we got an adult lounge section on here ....................

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
its a good idea but how would you restrict it as anyone could make up an age (suppose you coild just have a disclaimer) or would it just be a section with Adult material that anyone can look at??

warren_cox

Back from the dead
right im getting abit board lately and it think it would be good if we got an adult lounge section on here ....................

Just from the prospect of the quality of the site, it's reputation, issues with server space / bandwidth etc... what do you think an 'adult lounge' would offer that say the General Section wouldn't offer? I don't think that many of us hold back that much across the forum as a whole.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
on the ukmuscle forum they have an adult section,
and some of the things that people put in there is just so god dam funny

i just think some of us mid twentys early thirtys would appreciated this section and it would keep lil chavs out that dont get any adult humor from asking stupid questions because they dony get it!

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
on the ukmuscle forum they have an adult section,
and some of the things that people put in there is just so god dam funny

i just think some of us mid twentys early thirtys would appreciated this section and it would keep lil chavs out that dont get any adult humor from asking stupid questions because they dony get it!

Yeah the bike forum I use has this and you do get some funny stuff! It has its own section and to access it you have to email admin to get the password

Last edited:

Vesta

I'm only a bearne by your standard's but i love adult humour :/

Few other forums i'm on i've seen it done and it works!

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
VIP/Exclusive section by invite only perhaps?

Would be a good idea or like above where someone said you'd need to request access to it.
Most of the other Forums im a member of have this kind of section and they do end up with some very good stuff.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Such as?
I wonder what percentage of the forum users are under 18 considering its a car forum?

Probably not a high percentage, but i'd imagine 18-25 is fairly high. Either way, in my opinion its not about the age limit, more peoples sensitivities. IE, if they go into the "adult lounge" section or whatever it would be called, then they can expect to find some material that they may find offensive. That way they have been warned about it. I guess it could be a NSFW section if anything. I'm all for it either way :D

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
sounds good, had this on ccuk, always got a good laugh on it when your just home from a hard days work or burnout at the gym :) but yeah people need to realise its an adult area and not take offence to anything they hear/ see? but sounds like a great idea, would bring the group members closer imo aswell... ie having a laugh with a couple of people over particular subjects/posts. :D

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I must admit do sometimes find myself thinking 'that wont be allowed' and don't put it, and once recently i did the post was removed.

Wasn't anything I wouldn't say amongst friends, even family after a drink, but not in a professional work environment (or around the grandparents).

I like the idea in general just hard/a lot of effort to police/monitor

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I like the idea in general just hard/a lot of effort to police/monitor

From the forum owners perspective, I'm not sure they'd want borderline illegal / questionable content info going on even behind closed doors. It's a whole new area that would require further moderation, and may even attract people here for not the right reasons (e.g. with an initial interest in SEAT / VAG - well maybe VAG but lower case vag!)

I agree there are times where I'd rather say something more colorful as I swear more in real life than I do on here, but it's a public place so I'm happy to try and kerb it for the sake of others.

Believe me, closed door forums may not be actively checked by the police, but the intelligence community checks these more thoroughly than any sites, and then farms the info to the authorities. The only place that isn't tapped these days are your own thoughts ;)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Adult lounge would be the death of the site, period.
No pun intended. Innuendo all the way! :lol:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise