how do i get tv on my blaupunkt stereo?

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
hello,
my car is fitted with the double din blaupunkt stereo and whilst browsing the menu i noticed it came up with aux and tv. is there a way of making the head unit play dvds or even connecting my ipod????

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Yes, there is an AV connector on the back of the head unit. It accepts bog standard feeds for video and stereo audio, into a 10 pin mini DIN connector. The only thing it needs is a 12 volt feed on one of the pins to activate the menu option.

I have my phone connected to the audio input and it works fine. The only disadvantage with video is that it's connected into the GALA signal, and so it switches off when you start moving.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
OK, i had a bit more time to look at this again, and found these two;

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?26675-Enabling-the-TV-whilst-in-motion

and

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/RNS-E

The first just suggests disconnecting the wire, although I did think somewhere said thats not a good idea. Perhaps they only said no because it reduces the accuracy of the sat nav? The second needs vag com, and may actually be for a later version of the MFD.

If I get chance to give these a go, i'll let you know.

v5russ

the tv siganel switch works on the speed pluse sensor.. this is the cable that reads the speed for the sat nav i think i have the wiring diagram knocking around if you want it

dvance

Mar 23, 2010
would it be possible to scan, take a photo of it, and post it here :) ? Please :)

v5russ

I will try and dig it out and be more than happy to scan it on here for you

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It's the blue and white pin 1, labelled 'GALA' on the head unit. All the pinouts for the HU are actually written on the back of the HU, which is about as useful as it can get! :)

I have a few minutes this morning, I was going to have a go at disconnecting the GALA signal. I think the HU sat nav sucks ass to be honest, and I have two other sat navs available, so I won't miss it.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
OK, I've disconnected the GALA signal (cut the wire!) and it's disabled the functionality. So my TV screen stays on at all speeds, and the speed dependent volume is also disabled. I'm assuming that the sat nav has also gone a bit squiffy, but I don't care about that!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
having it switchable sounds handy though - on for sat nav and off for tv etc ?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
having it switchable sounds handy though - on for sat nav and off for tv etc ?

Yep, absolutely no problem....except that I don't think the sat nav is worth wasting a switch! ;)

I guess the screen can only do one thing at a time anyway, so having it switchable between sat nav and TV would work quite nicely.

I want to get a permanent OBDII connection going to a small computer, and have the display show some of the real time parameters that you can get out....

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
I want to get a permanent OBDII connection going to a small computer, and have the display show some of the real time parameters that you can get out....

that would be sweet. would that come through the screen:confused: ive seen a little half din dvd player veba i think. will be getting this when i get paid.

odd-head

new to the dub scene
Feb 27, 2010
calne, wiltshire
OK, I've disconnected the GALA signal (cut the wire!) and it's disabled the functionality. So my TV screen stays on at all speeds, and the speed dependent volume is also disabled. I'm assuming that the sat nav has also gone a bit squiffy, but I don't care about that!

i think the sat nav in the seats are pants. tomtom all the way

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Well, there is a fair bit of stuff available. Speed, temperature, lambda, throttle position, air volume (?), there's about a dozen different things that are available. But there are also secondary ones, for example a speed change over time is acceleration, the time taken from 0-60, 60-80 etc can all be calculated. I believe there is a way of approximately calculating power output from the air volume?

I've not really thought that far ahead, up until now not having an active screen while I was driving was a big problem with my plans!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
OE satnav is not that bad is it ? actually thinking back to some of the first toledo's the one on my mobile works better - lol

mp3car forum is best bet for dash software etc, you want something like this ? http://www.dashdaq.com/

i started an idea similar trying to use my slide out dvd player in the hotrod as a speedo assy etc complete but as most of them work on the obd system and sensors it turned out to be a mental hassle so ill stick to smiths gauges lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise