Ibiza Cupra + Cupra R 0-100?

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I've been trawling through the forum for a few days, everyone has an opinion on everything, but there a re very few threads that contain lots of good reading.

Has anyone put together a guide on the tuning basics for 1.8T engines?

JimmyCupra

Oct 5, 2003
South Wales, nr Cardiff
Simon L said:
Can you hear the dump valve noise through the standard filter? Its not that big a deal, but everyone likes to hear it.

I've reverted back to the standard airbox with a paper filter, from a green open filter and perfomance to me is no different. DV was very audible with the open filter on but nothing like an atmos DV heard on other motors. The DV can still be heard working but not that noticable with the standard airbox

James

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Okay, so keeping with the standard filter, the forge 007 is still good to go for, to help reduce lag?

Anyone know the specific forge 007 to go for? There are a couple on their website.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
BMcN said:
How the hell can you justify saying that mate. I just showed you a video of me doing it in the wet in 18sec on the speedo reading. So you are honestly saying that it will be 4 seconds out?

Open you eyes mate - no one is saying that the Cupra is the best car in the world, but I seriously doubt it'll get killed by a VTS between 80-120.

Almost every comment you make is based on your own feelings and projections mainly, I feel, to provoke an argument. Which, by the way, you seem to be very good at.

So please, why are you even here?

I think its 20-22 secs from mag tests.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Madmile said:
I would think stnd 18-20secs and around 14.5secs for a chipped one. I think shockxe did 13.8 secs qtr mile proven at brunters or some other pvw day with k03s.

I'm sorry mad but I really can't see a re-mapped Ibiza Cupra doing 0-100 in 14.5! :confused:

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
RALF said:
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/ lots of times for various cars.

IMO the only way to time a car is to stick some timing gear on it or get it down the quarter mile etc.

A speedo and wristwatch arent exactly acurate are they :whistle:
Agreed, thats why my 0-98 in 14.1 times on the 1/4 mile is way more accurate than watching the speedo on a video.

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer
RALF said:
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/ lots of times for various cars.

IMO the only way to time a car is to stick some timing gear on it or get it down the quarter mile etc.

A speedo and wristwatch arent exactly acurate are they :whistle:

Nice site that Joel. I agree about the timing methods but they are accurate to a degree. My timing were done in my video editing, going frame by frame, so its accurate as far as the speedo is.

Looking at the site Neil a VTS should be considrebly slower than that one in the video - no way that was almost standard!

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Madmile said:
And my cars easily faster than your car. And its only getting better.

Right now with your current mods going from that video my car would be side by side with you to 100 and eak a ball hair to 120 on your car, not sure what would happen after that as I've never had it over 120 and never intend to.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise