engine problems

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
Currently got a 2004 Toledo ASV engine leaking oil all over my drive. Not sure where the oilis coming from but it doesn't sound healthy at all. Being in the middle of nowhere means getting replacement parts works out expensive and time consuming but our local breakers yard has a golf tdi with an AJM engine code. If worst comes to worst does anyone know if this engine will fit or is it a case of finding another ASV to go in
TIA

s1 evoloution

May 16, 2016
oil leak

check your sump plug it may be the threads have worn on the sump sump is easy to remove if it is leaking. also check underneath to see if there is oil leaking where the sump bolts to the engine by the gearbox if you find oil there its a crankshaft oil seal coverplate thats a clutch and flywheel out job to get to the oil seal. also check the pipe coming from the turbo to the engine rear for leaking. and check side of camshaft cover facing the windscreen for leaks.

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
oil leak

Sorry I never got back to let you know how I got on. The base of the oil filter was leaking, tightened it up, result. Unfortunately I had a terminal turbo failure 2 weeks ago so the old girl has now gone off to be broken for parts. Stayed with the brand tho, a brand new Ibiza sitting on the drive but not the same. Thanks for the advice tho:cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.