Proud new owner. Leon Cupra 1M AWD

Algirdasam

Feb 1, 2018
Lithuania
Hi, my name is Algirdas. I've been owning my Cupra for 2 years now. So I've started looking at VAG cars in general because I needed something All Wheel Drive (rough winters in Lithuania), that is not afraid of salt on roads, something fast, but sensible and cheaper to run. Was considering an S3, but their prices in Lithuania are too high. And there i found it, faded yellow, 2000, 180HP Leon Cupra AWD. The paint was faded because it lived most of its life in Spain, the clear-coat was peeling BAD. It had few dents, but no rust. The car was done around 130.000 km. So I've seen big potential in the car. Through my ownership of the car I did full maintenance, had it dyno tuned at 1NSANE Chip Tuning, now it makes 148kW roughly 200whp. Combined with Michelin UltraGrip and manual gearbox its lots of safe fun in winters. Full fresh repaint with Cupra FR bumpers and sides kirts on its way. Looking forward to meet and learn with you guys and girls! :funk:

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Welcome! Glad to hear you've rescued a mellow yellow MK1. Sounds like your enjoying it.

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Welcome, didn’t know they did an AWD Leon, learn something new everyday. How far do you plan on modding the engine

Algirdasam

Feb 1, 2018
Lithuania
They did make awd. Basically it's the same as audi s3 Quattro, transmission wise. For engine I want 350whp, and I've been told that all components, apart from clutch, should handle that power. Already bought brand new sport pressure plate when my stock goes off.
And a must-do mod will be making haldex behave as it should have from factory.. My friend owns a mk2golf with same haldex drive train and 5 speed gearbox and he reworked it to be all time awd. My idea would be switch triggered awd. Because the way computer calculates when engage back wheels isn't good enough.

Algirdasam

Feb 1, 2018
Lithuania
They were only available in some parts of Europe. They were called Cupra4 if I remember correctly.

I think you are right! :) Can't really tell as it doesnt say on car documents neither on back of a car (previous owner must have taken badges off). But ye, its 20VT AWD.
IMO Seats marketing and names are quite confusing.. VW for instance wont call GTI a diesel car. Its going to have a GTD name and that separates it from others.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.