Ibiza Kitcars

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Lease & running of a WRC Cordie for a year was circa £40k+vat last time I know someone who was quoted.

Chris Eyre said:
- Evo 2 rear beam.:

19937.jpg

QUOTE]

Ah the good old homologation special, or "how to turn a linked twist beam into independent trailing arms but keep it legal"!! No wonder kit cars cost so much!

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
I have a whole SEAT press pack from the BRC (Manx). lots of signed pics of drivers and cars and bits of spec.

Odd, being able to drive along an just find an Ad-Hoc Seat Service area set up on the side of the road with Evans / Armstrong etc sitting on the wall with a brew. Great peopel to talk too :)

Dor.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
rob i have the complete book with that pic in,if you are interested,i can get them copied and posted,not much in the way of technical stuff.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
jason said:
rob i have the complete book with that pic in,if you are interested,i can get them copied and posted,not much in the way of technical stuff.

Cheers Jase, I am very interested - trying to find out as much as I can about the kit cars

(have actually got some wide arches on order !)

Cheers

Rob

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
RobT said:
Cheers Jase, I am very interested - trying to find out as much as I can about the kit cars

(have actually got some wide arches on order !)

Cheers

Rob
pm me your home adress i'll get it in t' post,my scanners on its arse :rolleyes:

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Jason, what sort of book is it out of interest? Magazine or something better? The axle pic was scanned out of a race mag in case that was it (I put the reference up a couple of pages ago - dates from 1997).

Cheers

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
"your complete guide to rallying"looka like a SEAT hand out at the rallies,as i siad not much in the way of technical info ,but plenty of F2 ibixa pics,some of which i have n't seen elsewhere.is it going to scanner night tonight then?bloody thing has the mind of a w***n

Last edited:

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
I've got one here by Seat called "Everything you wanted to know about rallying (but were afraid to ask)" - has your pic in above (and your shell build pic, Rob) but text style differs so diff version.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Cool pics chris - N248 is abroad and is for sale currently in Austria for a very reasonable 17K euros

http://www.rallyclassified.com/detail.php?cat=19&de=1698

Looking at that rear beam, not sure it'd be strong enough really......
And thats exactly what I was thinking for an airbox - get a short rad and stick the airbox above like that - methinks the rad at the RHS is an oil cooler (?)

Cheers

Rob

Just to come back to this.... found a couple of interesting pics of what seems to be N248 in pre-kit spec, which supports the theory that the Austrian ad car was upspecced from non-kit origins:

It's N24-something:

seat4b.jpg

Looks like N248 (pic is from Network Q Rally 1996 off Barbara's site):

seat25b.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise