F2 SEAT Ibiza LIVES AGAIN!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I want some metal wide front wings....
are they available?

(got a full wide arch kit like RobT, but not allowed to run it in the c'ship I am running in.)

Some bolt on fronts would do nicely. (if metal)

The kit being made will be in fibreglass, but the ones on Danny's are the same steel ones that were on the Ibiza which went to the 1998 London Motorshow.

The price for the kit will be more near the £3500 but will include all parts such as; hubs, driveshafts, steering rods etc and the fibreglass panels. Almost all the parts of the car I think minus the engine!

It's still a way of completion due to danny's other business commitments and the fact that he's already sold the car.

But I shall keep you all informed on the progress

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Thats not what he asked, who made the panels ie - the front & rear wings back in the F2 rally days

IIRC they were hand beaten from scratch by some deago in a shed

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
F2 Stu said:
Thats not what he asked, who made the panels ie - the front & rear wings back in the F2 rally days

IIRC they were hand beaten from scratch by some deago in a shed
f2stu,SCN's race relations moderator :D :D :cartman:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
surcalation said:
The kit being made will be in fibreglass, but the ones on Danny's are the same steel ones that were on the Ibiza which went to the 1998 London Motorshow.

The price for the kit will be more near the £3500 but will include all parts such as; hubs, driveshafts, steering rods etc and the fibreglass panels. Almost all the parts of the car I think minus the engine!

It's still a way of completion due to danny's other business commitments and the fact that he's already sold the car.

But I shall keep you all informed on the progress

:doh:
bugger! :(

I already have a full on (wider than F2) complete front rear mk3 cupra kit.. was needing metal fronts
wanting to find the deago :p :hide: in his shed then....

Stu you got his number?

:D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think the WRC Mk3 wings & bumper were all kevlar though bill, so even if you wanted to spend 'a lot' on panels they'd still be wrong :(

m0rk said:
I think the WRC Mk3 wings & bumper were all kevlar though bill, so even if you wanted to spend 'a lot' on panels they'd still be wrong :(

Wings will be in steel, as regs require them to be in "original" material, bumpers will be in kevlar.

Assuming you are "Allowed" by your regs to use bodyfiller in steel wings to repair "accident" damage, then it would be pretty easy to make a steel wide arch, then just use a bit of filler to smooth over the joins (to save hrs with a flap etc wheels trying to smooth the welds!).

You would just argue that the "accident" involved an angle grinder, not another car! lol!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
max_torque said:
Wings will be in steel, as regs require them to be in "original" material, bumpers will be in kevlar.

Assuming you are "Allowed" by your regs to use bodyfiller in steel wings to repair "accident" damage, then it would be pretty easy to make a steel wide arch, then just use a bit of filler to smooth over the joins (to save hrs with a flap etc wheels trying to smooth the welds!).

You would just argue that the "accident" involved an angle grinder, not another car! lol!

yep you're right paul.... regs allow me to do just that.

The "pretty easy bit" is the thing.. :p Easy when you know how and have done it before... :hide:

+75mm per side allowed in regs... which should do nicely.

Any suggestions how or who I could take it to for this work?

cheers
bill

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
RobT said:
I hear Badger-5 has a welder......
I know m8.. nice ac/dc tig welder.. new boxed for 3 years now :hide:

the wherewithall to know what to do with it body panel wise tho... :think:

got a spare wing to play with I spose....

must pull my finger out.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
andy_dea said:
bill what fiber glass kit you got? an f2 type bodykit, or is it a autograss kit??

starting to think of going similar route myself? where u get it

Its not a commerically available kit I'm afraid.
As used by European Rallycross ibiza, and luckily available by some good friends & well handy contacts.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mk3 Cordoba WRC, but it's unlikely that you will be able to procure these - and even less likely that they'll be suitable for a road car.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
nothing like that generally available for ibiza's as far as I know but they cannot be that hard to make.....but personally I wouldn't bother - have you weighed std door cards with the speaker stuff removed ? weigh nowt, they are only made of cardbord - there are better/cheaper ways to reduce weight than door cards

(have to admit to fancying some carbon/kevlar ones though, yellow/black looks ace IMO, for the bling factor)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members