Mk. 1 Leon FR TDi

Shez

Just sold my Peugeot 306GTi-6 (in a club record 14 hours after posting the ad!) :clap: and am looking at getting a Leon FR (150 TDi). I don't really know much about the Leon (apart from the fact it looks nice!) and have never had a diesel before so could you please point me into the direction of any problem areas to look out for?

The ones I'm looking at are all 1-2 years old and don't really want anything with higher than average miles.

Cheers
Shez
(Now officially "between cars"!)

Oct 12, 2005
Excellent cars **. I had a leon fr tdi with revo running around 190bhp. It was very fast. Main problems to watch out for is things like window seals etc. I never had a single problem with mine. I now have an ibiza cupra tdi which is even better imo. Running at around 205bhp. Good luck with yours.

Shez

Cheers PIP, looking at one this weekend and it looks very promising but just wanted to know about any general problems to look out for. Cars only just a year old so should be ok but it's always worth getting the views of existing owners as they tend to tell you more than the salesmen!

The Revo thing sounds nice, Pug's currently running about 180BHP so anything more than that would be a bonus! Saw one last year at Autosport that was running 201BHP but couldn't get tyres to really push it any further.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi.

General things to look out for are wet drivers carpet (some have faulty seals), clutch slip (many a people on here, myself included, have had to fork out for a performance clutch kit - around £700, as the standard clutch is at it's peak as it is, so remapping it will take this limit over the threshold and make your clutch slip. Some tuners will limit the torque so it doesn't slip - but then what the point of the remap :) )

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Hi Shez, good luck its an awesome car!

Things I have noticed, slight pull to the left, squeeky back brakes, rattle in boot, these are all common niggly "features", but you may be able to haggle a bit if they dont know what they are talking about.

Remember 180bhp in a diesel will be quite a bit quicker than 180bhp in a petrol due to the masses of torque. I cant wait to have mine remapped.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Look out for maniac behaviou from your part... Carefull with that right foot... it can take the better of you....

;)

Other maintenance issues are exactly liek other turbo cars...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.