Leon Cupra 2.0 TDi vs Ibiza CUPRA tdi

G!zmond0

Some bad **** happened to me and hven't wrote for a while.
I need some advice.Some of you probably know but let me remind you.I had a Ibiza CUPRA tdi with bilstein b16 suspention,alpin kraftwerk performance box( 200 bhp/400 nm) and seat sport brakes.Really nice car:rolleyes: but i had to sell it and now i am stuck with a VW Touareg:cry:I've been sick since i sold my car.Now I am thinking of selling the Touareg and buying a Leon Cupra tdi
I want your advice on the following issues:
1.What will be the difference between the new leon CUPRA tdi /and my BIZA CUPRA tdi - I'm talking about acceleration,especially in the range between 100 and 200 km/ph,handling,and max. speed with urgrades naturally:D
2.What will be the difference between the DSG and manual transmission on the Leon CUPRA Tdi

Mind that i will probably make the same upgrades to the Leon as i made to the biza

G!zmond0

:(That ,kind of sucks eh ??
Doesn't matter does it worth it ?

G!zmond0

So no automatic then.I spoke with a dealer here a friend of mine.He says that the Leon FR tdi is a total piece of **** and doesn't have anything in common with the Leon Cupra.Is this true?The differential is different t,he gear box also(5 instead of 6 gears)

G!zmond0

ok that fine.What about the differential and suspention are they the same as the ones on the cupra

G!zmond0

Do you think the Leon Fr tdi is a match to The Ibiza Cupra tdi ?
These are the dimensions that i will upgrade to The FR i

Seat Leon TDI 2.0l 170HP performance increase up to 205HP and +76Nm

You have FR right ?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
So no automatic then.I spoke with a dealer here a friend of mine.He says that the Leon FR tdi is a total piece of **** and doesn't have anything in common with the Leon Cupra.Is this true?The differential is different t,he gear box also(5 instead of 6 gears)

Being a diesel of course the FR TDI is going to have a different set up to the petrol :confused:

G!zmond0

Are you ok? "Being a diesel of course the FR TDI is going to have a different set up to the petrol"

On the contrary the petrol is going to have a whole lot of trouble with the Ibiza cupra Tdi.

Last edited by a moderator:

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian

your dealer is a misinformed twat, my friend!
the FR TDi is a damn good car.

G!zmond0

;:DI am glad to hear that.Can you share some facts.There are rumors that the 2.0 tdi consumes a lot of oil 2,3 liters between oil change,is this true ?
Guys i am not trying to brake balls i am making a survey on which depends wether i am going to buy a leon fr or not.

P.S. Why are you going to sell yours?cause it's damn good car ??? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Are you ok? "Being a diesel of course the FR TDI is going to have a different set up to the petrol"

On the contrary the petrol is going to have a whole lot of trouble with the Ibiza cupra Tdi.

Of course I am okay.. You were questioning whether the diesel and petrol will differ other than engine. I was saying of course it does - obviously the gearbox is different due to different torque levels and rev range. to name one difference..

Oh and by the way, I have an FR TDI and its no box of ****, though maybe you shouldn't buy one.. :p:D

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Mine used all it's oil in 5000 miles..... So yes, mine at least it quite thirsty.

If your are comparing the Leon to the Ibiza they I'd imagine that the Ibiza is a fair bit quicker becuase it's only 10bhp down yet a fair bit lighter.

The ride also in the Leon is quite bad.

However, I'm happy with it becuase it looks awesome, has loaded full of equipment and has stong performance (and I'm saying that having come from a civic type-r).

Last edited:

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Had a MK3 Ibiza Cupra and now have the Leon FR. I love my new car!!!

Looks fab and munches the tarmac up. I've just done 6000 miles and only had to pop in half a litre of oil which I popped in two weeks ago.

I find the ride softer than my Ibiza Cupra was which was a total bone rattler so I'm quite happy with the ride (I've got 18s on).

I was sorry to see the Ibiza go as I loved that car, but I certainly don't regret the FR.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:lol:Hi gizmond0, I to have the tdi 170 and it is superb having also come from a cupra tdi 160 thought that power would be quite different in the bigger leon but must say it feels really no different at all. The ride in the leon i think is much better wheres my ibiza was very firm spec on long journeys, also build i thinks much better to altho the leon still has its faults!!! Dont get me wrong the ibiza is a great car but the games moved on. As for oil i just done 4000 mls now and not had to top up once yet:D Prop just luck of the draw!! When i asked my dealer to about the dsg box in the leon he was told by seat uk they would not do it because of cost:( pushing it to much past the cupra.