Recirculating Dump Valve Question

sporting wood

I've recently purchased a 53 plate cupra, it's been remapped to 220 and was advertised as having a recirculating dump valve.

The dump valve I noisier than I'd like, I can easily hear it, although I can drown it out if I turn the music up. Is there an easy way to check if it's a re-circulating dump valve, are there likely to be any external variances between a re-circulating and a normal DV? Reading through the posts I'm keen to get it removed if it's an atmospheric DV, they don't sound useful or healthy for the car.

The general opinion looking through the boards is that a Forge007 is the way forward, are there quiet and where are they available? I've looked in google but nowhere came up.

Cheers all, if I missed a topic that covers this in my search then apologies.

sporting wood

Cheers guys, are the recirculating ones completely silent then or is there still a woosh?

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
i had the 007p on for a while, they are not completely silent but they are not that loud IMO, not really a whooshy valve

Deleted member 20376

i had the 007p on for a while, they are not completely silent but they are not that loud IMO, not really a whooshy valve

i no its off subject but your wheels looks sweeeettt in white!!!

JamJay

California Bound
Put your foot down with a 007 and open cone air filter and it gets loud, normally it's quite quiet but then again I am only running standard boost. Mine is fitted the 'right' way round by the way, I tried it reversed and I noticed not difference in the sound or loudness if I am honest. I personally love the noise I get from it...thanks Damain :D

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
I changed mine from the normal way round to backwards yesterday, its difficult to describe the change in noise. Kind of sounds like a metallic pip sound rather than the usual whoosh. Didn't really like it so i put it back the right way round.

With you on the noise from open cone and 007 DV, it can be quite loud.... but good.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Nobody seems to have answered the question of how can you tell the difference.

If you look at the dump valve there is a little pipe on the top which is just vacuum. there is usually to other ports on them, one on the bottom and one on the side. one of them will be into the pipe coming from your air filter (TIP), if the other is open or has a cone on it then it is venting to atmosphere, if there is a pipe on it then it is recirculating, if it actually has 3 ports one in the TIP, one with a cone and one with a pipe then you probably have a split valve whereby it recircs half and vents half.

the other option is to post a pic of it lol

mike2926

vroom vroom
Mar 18, 2009
Just outside Colchester
hi all sorry this is a little of topic but where can i find the DV on my Cupra r225? i think i have an issue and have been told to take it off and check it........any ideas on how to find it or the price of a Forge 007p to replace it?

cheers all

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
If you take it off and see if it holds boost by pushing the middle part up and then cover the nipple and see if the middle part stays up.

Damian @ DPM

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members