40,000+ registered users

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Congratulations on passing the 40,000 mark, I think you've earned it.
Compared to other motoring forums SCN is well presented, easy to use and largely not inhabited by complete morons. And you never try and part anyone with their money for use of it.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to 'Club S.E.'? I remember signing up to that site when i first got my toledo, many year ago. Did SCN steal all their members :whistle:?

ETA Never mind, i just found club s.e. waaaay down the google search listing. Clearly it does still exist.

Last edited:

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
On a side note, does anyone know what happened to 'Club S.E.'? I remember signing up to that site when i first got my toledo, many year ago. Did SCN steal all their members :whistle:?

ETA Never mind, i just found club s.e. waaaay down the google search listing. Clearly it does still exist.

About 2 years ago....a owner decided to shut it down because he got in a bit of a p*ss, he tried to pass the blame to me and said I'd hacked it etc. He then sold it to some guy that runs one of the audi forums and it's still going but I don't think anyone really goes on there. Anyway lets not talk about this again!! lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Great milestone to reach.

40,000+ users.... how many bans ;-)

seemed like only yesterday it was 10k, if the mod panel is accurate it's about 0.75% including spambots and opportunist so on the whole most of ya behave yaselves :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
on the whole most of ya behave yaselves :)

having a wife for 3 years has taken my rough edges off!

I have to say that whilst I'm not strictly a SEAT owner in purist form I do find a lot of the content / chat / banter on here very good.

I like the fact that SCN forum members are passionate about their brand/cars, yet don't have this overbearing badge snobbery like you can get on some sites. That makes it feel far more like a site run for the greater good of people rather than pure one-upmanship.

We like!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
40,000+ users is very impressive, praise has to go out to the guys running the show and all those that help out who for the most part go unnoticed, a lot of work is done behind the scenes to maintain and keep the place ticking over which I'm sure is no small task. Congrats to everyone involved for making this place so successful and long may it continue, keep up the good work guys it's appreciated :clap:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
And almost a year on we're about to pull in member 50,000 (well really we're at 53,793) but through our proactive membership reduction programme we offer we're not "offically" there yet :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members