Scn 2011

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Guys,

I'm looking for input on the main site, which I want to become more magaziney & more interactive.

Ignoring 'for sale' discussions (which is separate, and being dealt with) - I'd really like to listen to what you'd want to see.

The new platform we're testing is very flexible, and will enable us to update far easier than we can currently do it from a variety of devices & sources.

I probably won't comment on individual idea's, but would genuinely like some feedback as to what you'd want to see.

TIA

Last edited:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well...heres my two penneth!

- Personally, id like to see an 'app' for Apple and Android OS, and i know this idea is like a bad smell and keeps coming back and i also understand this wont be completed by SCN staff due to time AND possibly cost, but of all the thousands of members on here, perhaps one or two have the time and knowledge to produce the product, and if funds are required....ask us?

- When you say update from 'devices and sources' are we talking 'smartphone' friendly? As that was my next idea, for SCN to produce a 'mobile' version to enable low speed data connections to 'zip' through content for quick updates/searches. Combined with a 'favourite' link to a smartphone this could serve as the 'app'?

- User defined 'home' page.....watched threads/favourite sections/notes (for information gleened from threads?) Just something user specific.

The only other thing would be to implement an auto refresh? Its nothing major, but i think perhaps if the forum were 'live' it would be a little more slick and fancy!

I've got more but il stop there and see what else is suggested!

Thanks all,

Jimski

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
VB have offered a new iPhone / Android option to purchase, with ongoing support.

Details are here - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php/332-vBulletin-Mobile-FAQ

We just need to work out what it gives us over Tapatalk for the forum... $200 + $99/yr for something that is just an 'SCN' app is both cheap, but not great vfm at the same time.

The mainsite will not be running VB CMS, but will work automatically on any 'mobile' device in a suitable format.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Ive always felt the knowledge base/ fitting guides to be a bit lost and not linked to the forum. The questions get raised in the forum but the guides get forgotten about.

Would be great if pabs guides were also indexed and searchable within the forum.

Could even highlight certain guides on the main site, monthly feature?

bunisjamin

One Life...Drive Like It
Jan 19, 2011
North Hertfordshire
Ive always felt the knowledge base/ fitting guides to be a bit lost and not linked to the forum. The questions get raised in the forum but the guides get forgotten about.

Would be great if pabs guides were also indexed and searchable within the forum.

Could even highlight certain guides on the main site, monthly feature?

I'd agree with this, everything is searchable, but people still ask questions.

If you make a guide/how-to, submit it to an admin for checking, then put it in its own section at the top.

Have sub catergories like ibiza and leon, then mk1/mk2/mk3. Then I spose you could have interioer and exterior. still have comment for people that need help.