pointless forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
No **** Sherlock.

Do me a favour pal and keep the silly childish comments to yourself and let the adults talk.

It's things like this that piss people off the most, asking genuine questions and some one trying to be a big shot and make stupid comments.

Just stating the obvious, time after time the same old thing goes round and round, the mods have already said they will deal with it when they want. We had a huge thread on this very topic not so long ago and I keep coming accross the same thing again and again?! I just think it might be a good idea to try a bit of searching and find other places that sell stuff. I've found four other forums all selling vag parts including seats. I know it's a nuisance not having the forsale section on here and I liked it too but the mods have said they'll deal with it in their time. It's them that got all the abuse when it all went wrong before, it's them who give up their time to look after everything.
That's all I'm saying, granted I was a bit sarcastic and I apologise for that if it's offensive, it wasn't directed at you personally either.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Look I agree that getting ripped off isn't a nice thing however no matter how careful any forum is it will still happen unfortunately. I can see where the mods are coming from as well as they have enough to deal with without having abuse fired at them over a dodgy deal. At the end of the day tho it's common sense most of the time when it comes to buying anything from anywhere.

Cash in person is obviously the best but not always feasible.

Pay by PayPal as you'll have some comeback if things do turn sour.

Get someone else within the club you trust that's maybe local to the item to pick it up and ask them to send it. Bit more money but worth it for piece of mind.

Above all get addresses, mobile land line numbers.

At the end of the day no matter what Internet site you buy from there will always be an element of risk. It's up to you as the buyer to accept that things might go wrong and not give other people who have nothing to do with the sale a hard time.

This is a very good site and it's just that one element that's lacking on making it perfect.

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
:lol:

U DNT DU PRIV ADZ U SUK!

I've bought stuff through em before.. But I can't see it's been my sole reason for joining one? :shrug:

fez0130

Oct 5, 2010
Deal, Kent
I admit it was slightly annoying that some people ruin itm for others. But even without this for sale section which i loved haha i still love this forum as it's great for tips and advice if you have issues. Som thanks to everyone for your help

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
The point of a forum is to gain information, and help others with problems. If you want a selling site, go f*** off to ebay. Its not fair just to join a forum to sell things is it?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Wtf are you on, you show me another forum which doesn't offer the parts for sale section???

Joining these forums and paying for membership you'd expect the FULL package.

oldskool

The point of a forum is to gain information, and help others with problems. If you want a selling site, go f*** off to ebay. Its not fair just to join a forum to sell things is it?

easy fella! its just another worthy addition to the forum, dont get angry:)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
you dont, its always been free and will continue to be so:)

We hope...
poker_face_RE_Picture_Challenge_2_v2_0-s478x424-174438.jpg

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Wtf are you on, you show me another forum which doesn't offer the parts for sale section???

SCN did have the for sale section, but too many people got scammed. Maybe someone should scam you so you'd understand! The mods havn't done it to be awkward, they've done it so that no more scamming can take place

easy fella! its just another worthy addition to the forum, dont get angry:)

Whats a worthy addition? All i see is another person moaning about not being able to sell parts. SCN isn't just a selling site, its a CAR FORUM, why can't people accept that? If they don't like it, they can leave can't they?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Maybe someone should scam me???

Grow up pal, like I've said in my recent posts there are plenty of options out there to make sure you don't get scammed but no matter what anyone does its not 100% full proof.

The reason the mods took the action I think is due to the fact the amount of hassle people were giving them when they were scammed.

It's a chance you take on any kind of Internet site.

Again every car site I'm a member on has a parts for sale section. You show me one that doesn't.

THIS IS NOT A DIG AT THE MODS IN CASE YOU GET THE WRONG END OF THE STICK.

Last edited:

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent

Have you not noticed that joining / being a member on this site is FREE.

Since your not paying for membership, you have no say on how the forum is run.
Because the MODS got fed up with every tom, **** and harry creating a new account on here to sell their cr@p, they decided to stop the parts sale section.

Since you dont pay membership, and you dont like the fact we have no parts sale section...

Why dont you just jog on?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
For good or bad either way the current status is/has and will be the only 100% way to ensure scammers do not get the opportunity.

It is sad I agree and the few have spoilt it for the many but it was a decision taken over a very long period and it was not as few as people seem to think.

As said many times here and in other posts, there are many many other way's and places around the internet to buy and sell items.

*post closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.